Lena's Introduction

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lena C., Nov 6, 2014.

1. Lena C.

Lena C. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hello !
      I'm a french and I have tinnitus since four months.
      I'm 19.
      My tinnitus comes from an acoustic trauma. I worked with children. Others persons put the sound too lood.

I'm drepessed now. I have problem with concentration.

With great courage and love,

Do you know a cure, fore al little relief ?

Lena

PS : I'm sorry for my broken english.

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Welcome to the TT support board, Lena. You are in the right place as many of us were where you are right now. But after spending time here and getting support, many new T sufferers have gotten better and some have written their success stories in the Success Stories forum (under Knowledge Base), including myself. A few years back I was suffering very much from ultra high pitch T and then severe hyperacusis. I was full of anxiety and panic too like you. I thought I would never have happy life again. But today I am living an enjoyable and productive life like before T. So don't worry much. Your T is relatively new and it may fade in time. In the mean time, try to read up something uplifting such as the success stories and the Positivity thread at the top of the Support Forum.

You can also try to get some masking going so you won't be so anxious of the T sound. I used a PC download with a free sound generator called 'aire freshener'. This way I can work while listening to masking sounds. You can download it here:
      http://www.peterhirschberg.com/mysoftware.html

If you have smart phone, there are free APPs out there too. I used an ipod download with nature sounds (bought from Amazon.com) by using the itune software. This gave me mobile masking when I needed it most during the start. You can also buy a sound machine or sound pillow for masking at bed time.

Also, if you are too depressed and anxious, please talk to your doctor to get some medicines to help you to cut off the sharp edges of the extreme emotions. As far as treatments, you may want to consider CBT or TRT and you can ask the doctors at the Doctor's Corner here on TT. Dr. Nagler is a TRT expert, and Dr. Hubbrad is on CBT. There are many things one can do to help get better. So don't panic. Take good care and God bless.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I'm sorry, Lena. I - and everyone here - know exactly how you feel, and even though it probably feels awful at the moment, most likely you'll adapt to it eventually. Until then I suggest that you listen to Bille48's suggestions.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Lena C.

Lena C. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thank yourvery much for your answers.
      I went on Sucess Stories. It did me good. I feel better.
      A million thank your for the link.
      I'm on antidepressants (Norcet), but the life is so hard with T.

God bless you too,
      A thousand thank you,

5. chvrlotte
      Cool

chvrlotte Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2014
      Yeah, success stories helped me out too! This one was the most helpful and relevant for me, so it'll probably help for you too because we're around the same age. :)