Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. Phi

Phi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      @kelpiemsp
      Did you experience an increase in your tinnitus after sessions as many people that are using the Lenire device are reporting ?

• Like Like x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. Phi

Phi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Noise
      Neuromod are not in the tech area. Tech area is much closer to the city center.

3. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      What? The whole deal with Lenire is that hyperacusis sufferers are supposed to be "super responders".

• Agree Agree x 5
    4. Liz Windsor

Liz Windsor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      Just to clarify. Lenire has NOT given me hyperacusis. I already have hyperacusis in respect of certain sounds. Motorbikes, crockery, sirens, dogs barking, babies crying etc which is unchanged. The 'loudness' I hear is just that. Everyday speech etc just sounds 'louder' but not painful. I just take my hearing aids out and it's a normal level. Hope that helps. I don't know if anyone else has an opinion on their hyperacusis after using Lenire. Just my experience. Should this go in the Lenire User's thread?

• Like Like x 4
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    5. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      @Liz Windsor thank you for posting in the user experience thread. Being that tinnitus has been with you since 2012 I find your latest journal entry particularly encouraging. Even if the positive results currently last only a few hours per day, it's a good start. Hopefully things will continue to get better for you.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Could that mean your hearing is actually improving? Maybe the loudness is more of what you are supposed to experience with more normal hearing?

• Like Like x 2
      • Creative Creative x 1
    7. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      @Fifth Business,

As @Phi said Neuromod's on the outskirts of the city.

Figuring out how to get there was slightly painful so here's a guide, hope it helps someone:

Neuromod Medical is in a large hospital complex called Hermitage Clinic. It is fairly close to a hotel, the Clayton Hotel Liffey Valley, and there's a bus (the Airport Hopper, number 767 or 777) that goes to it directly from the airport.

The bus is a bit confusing because it has no schedule (or at least doesn't adhere to the one that is on Google Maps) and its bay isn't marked either. So you gotta go to the bus terminal at the airport and wait until you physically sight the bus - it'll be red and prominently display Airport Hopper on the side. It's a van, not a "full" bus. Comes by twice a hour or so, and waits a few minutes before it leaves. Then you need to ask for a ticket to Liffey Valley which will be 11 euros and can be paid in cash or with card. Ride time will be around 30 minutes.

Google Maps will be able to guide you from there to the Hermitage Clinic, it's a roughly 15 minute walk through a non-pedestrian area (major roads and roundabouts). There is pedestrian pavement, though.

Once you get to Hermitage you'll see Neuromod posters to reassure you that you're in the right place. :) You don't need to check in anywhere, head up right away with the elevator to the 2nd floor where Neuromod will be at the end of a hallway in Suite 18.

If possible, bring euro coins to feed to the vending machines, Hermitage's cantina is cool but had a very long line when I was there.

• Informative Informative x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    8. ruud1boy

ruud1boy Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Mild since 2006. Severe since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      An enthusiastic youth
      Just for the sake of clarity;
      - Neuromod are based in the tech district in the city centre somewhere.
      - Neuromod Medical, who we're all going to see and and are actually dishing out the devices, are based in a small suite of rooms in a hospital about 10 miles west of the city.
      - The 'Airport Hopper' service does have a set timetable - https://airporthopper.ie/tallaght-timetable/ - but they very often aren't able to stick to it. They run 2 services to / from the airport, going to/from Tallaght or Maynooth. Both services follow the same route from the airport until you get to the 'N4 Footbridge', which is a 10-15minute walk to the hospital, so it doesn't really matter which one you get on.
      - Neuromod are in Suite 38, on the 2nd floor, not Suite 18. You'd probably end up with a confused Irish paediatrician looking at you blankly in Suite 18.

• Funny Funny x 3
    9. Dizzyhead888

Dizzyhead888 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medical mistake
      What's the cause of your tinnitus?
      Do you have hyperacusis?

10. Suzerman

Suzerman Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10 october 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably a mix of ETD and TMJ
      It's amazing to read that this device is actually helping some people. So much has happened since three years ago!

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 3
    11. ruud1boy

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      An enthusiastic youth
      No hyperacusis. My tinnitus and hearing impairment are noise induced. Too many gigs & clubs when I was younger.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. PeterPan
      Nerdy

PeterPan Member Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Heat Exhaustion
      User Experience Group Update!

Hello,

Just a short update on the user experience group. This group is for users who have, or intend to, purchase a Lenire and who wish to share their experience in an objective manner.

So far we have 16 baseline surveys completed (these are completed around the device fitting date) and 6 surveys for the 6 week milestone. We have a total of 36 users, which is a good sample size.

We're seeing pretty good response rates, so THANK YOU very much for completing your surveys!

We expect all the baseline surveys to be completed by the end of the year, and all the 12 week surveys completed around end of March 2020.

We will publish anonymized information on the baseline information we have around the end of the year (this will provide some useful information about the characteristics of tinnitus, but nothing on Lenire).

And then we will publish anonymized information on the impact of the Lenire around April 2020.

If you have recently decided to purchase a Lenire, please join our User Experience Group (banner at the top of this thread)! If you have joined already and have a Lenire, thank you very much for participating!

PeterPan.

• Like Like x 9
    13. Rafalek73

Rafalek73 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss
      How big is your hearing loss?

14. Niatoolit
      Cheerful

Niatoolit Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise-Induced
      @Liz Windsor My apologies, I've misinterpreted the 'uncomfortably loud'. I have hyperacusis and tinnitus and I'm terrified in the thought of this having a bad impact on my sound tolerance which is already very low.

To anyone battling with tinnitus I want to say something, it can get much worse, so take good care of your hearing and sound exposure. I thought it was hell suffering from tinnitus for years but when my hyperacusis came in it went down to a whole new level. Too bad there's no studies and treatments focusing on this horrible condition.

I need to have a slight ray of hope that Lenire maybe, just maybe, make my hyperacusis a bit better.

• Agree Agree x 3
    15. hans799
      Mellow

hans799 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Born with it
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Worsened Dec 2016 by headphones
      LOL. Apologies. I did feel I was overconfident about knowing that number from heart.

• Like Like x 2
    16. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      • Like Like x 2
    17. ruud1boy

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      An enthusiastic youth
      Capture.PNG

18. Heinrich_S7
      Psychedelic

Heinrich_S7 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Uncertain
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise exposure
      @Redknight I just read your recent post in the Lenire User Experiences thread. So they’re only planning on expanding to Germany this year?

When I was on the phone with them they told me that they were in current talks with the FDA for US approval and that it was submitted . Did they say nothing about this when you visited?

• Good Question Good Question x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    19. Dizzyhead888

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medical mistake
      Do they think that you are not benefiting because of your hearing loss. Any insights?

20. Dizzyhead888

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medical mistake
      Are you in Dublin? Want to meet up?
      Or anyone else?

Very bored waiting for my device fitting appointment on Oct 1.

• Hug Hug x 1
    21. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Do you live in that area?

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    22. Dizzyhead888

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medical mistake
      Close to Temple Bar.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    23. ChrisBoyMonkey

ChrisBoyMonkey Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Ah I see. I don't have my appointment yet, but I'll let you know when I do! I'm a big Guinness fan so I've always seen that as a plus of trying to get over there lol

• Funny Funny x 1
    24. Redknight

Redknight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      They did; they said the same to me, that FDA approval was being processed but that it was a very lengthy process.

• Informative Informative x 3
    25. Redknight

Redknight Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I would have mate, but I'm back home now. I live in Northern Ireland, so just drive up and down for appointments. I did get the chance to grab coffee with @Cojackb which was really nice.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    26. Liz Windsor

Liz Windsor Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      No need to apologise. I just wanted to make sure no-one misinterpreted my comment about sounds being louder. It hasn't worsened the hyperacusis which, as you say, is horrible and adds another level of difficulty to the tinnitus. Fingers crossed we get some help with that as well in the near future. Good luck. Liz.

• Like Like x 5
    27. A123Lon
      Dramaqueen

A123Lon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music
      Has anyone who got an email offering the earliest possible appointments in 2020 (and an update on that soon) heard back from Neuromod yet?

28. Rafalek73

Rafalek73 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss

Attached Files:

• Funny Funny x 2
    29. Hayls32

Hayls32 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Pulsatle to begin with. Noise exposure later in life
      Not yet.

• Hug Hug x 1
    30. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      The last contact I had with them was dated August 20th (I originally contacted them in July) and they said "The 2020 appointments will be set up late September/October and we will contact you then regarding and update on appointments."

Hopefully any day.

• Hug Hug x 1