Lenire — Bimodal Stimulation Treatment by Neuromod

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Tinnitus Talk, Apr 20, 2019.

1. UHPTS
      Uninvolved

UHPTS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Taking drugs on penile fracture
      Neuromod implemented tongue tip timer into Lenire which counts 180 hours after which you need to buy a replacement tongue tip from them. The reason is that after 180 hours in your mouth the tongue tip becomes dangerous to your health.

That's the reason they have given to me. I asked them in which way it can become dangerous. I did not get an answer.

They also haven't addressed the ridiculous price of the tongue tip.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. jmasterj
      No Mood

jmasterj Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic?
      That's interesting. When I picked up my device they told me the tongue tip was good for about 240 hours. Before I went there, I had read about the 180 hours here. I got right about six months out of the tip and then it quit working, so right around the 180 hour mark. I haven't really bothered to get it replaced since I can't go to Ireland anyway nor in the six months I used it did it help anyway.

3. Daniel Parker

Daniel Parker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      31/12/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nightmare I think
      I got tinnitus a week ago. I’m wanting to try various treatments ASAP as I heard that the sooner you try to treat your tinnitus after onset, the better the results.

How much is Lenire?

Are steroids a better option for me, seeing my tinnitus onset is so recent?

Thanks for any help or advice!

4. Still-Hope
      Dead

Still-Hope Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      JULY 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced. (working music for too long in Headphones)
      Yes, I think I will.

I am taking Clonazepam for now, I will start to gradually reduce the dose soon and then I am considering a trip to Belgium to try Lenire.

Cheers.

5. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

AfroSnowman Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      100% get steroids now, like ASAP. There is only a limited time window when they will be effective. You can worry about Lenire if you still have tinnitus 6 months from now.

6. Daniel Parker

Daniel Parker Member

Tinnitus Since:
      31/12/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nightmare I think
      Hi AfroSnowman, thanks for reply.

Should I get oral steroids or injectable ones? Is there a set amount of the injectable ones I would need?

7. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      I'm not an expert on the the efficacy of the two, but I believe elsewhere on Tinnitus Talk I've seen studies suggesting injectable is best, but just get what you can tomorrow or tonight.

The 'golden hour' so to speak is the first 48 hours and is generally considered worth a shot through 14 days. After that it hasn't been shown to do much from what I understand. Speed is of the essence.

All that being said, steroids are appropriate for aural trauma. That is disease, injury, or exposure to loud noise which has damaged your ears. If, as your cause of tinnitus suggests, it is from a nightmare or other psychological or stress related cause, I can't imagine that steroids would do anything. If you are unsure get to an ENT ASAP to get checked out.

8. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      Announcement:

Lenire e-mailed me with the news that on 01/14/21 at 1 PM EST they are having a live webinar:

"How Bimodal Neuromodulation Can Soothe Tinnitus Symptoms."

Several of you accomplished Science Observers may want to evaluate any new commentary.

If you can't locate this, I will e-mail you the link.

9. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2002; spike 2009; worse 2017-18
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music - noise damage
      Expectations = Zero.
      Neuromod and Lenire = Failure.

@GlennS should join and submit them tough Q&A questions!

Here is the Zoom registration link (remember not to consent to receive spam emails from Neuromod):

https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_LR88pRCJRDKIeE4yVCN-Vg

Recently the results of the Lenire® TENT-A1 clinical trial for the treatment of tinnitus were published in Science Translational Medicine. Join us for a live and interactive webinar covering the breakthrough research.

Whether you're a healthcare professional passionate about treating tinnitus or a patient seeking to understand how bimodal neuromodulation works - this session is for you.

Dr. John Coverstone, Clinical Audiologist at Sentient Healthcare will join Dr. Ross O'Neill, CEO at Neuromod Devices, Professor Hubert Lim, Chief Scientific Officer at Neuromod Devices, and Mr. Brendan Conlon Chief Medical Officer at Neuromod Devices and Principal Investigator of the TENT-A1 trial to discuss:

- How Bimodal Neuromodulation was shown to soothe tinnitus symptoms in the majority of participants;

- How the TENT-A1 trial was designed and run;

- What the TENT-A1's results mean for tinnitus patients and the future of Lenire®.

There'll be dedicated time for Q&A. Can't make it to the live session and don't want to miss out? Register now and we'll send you the recording after the session.​

10. GlennS

GlennS Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      I can't muster enough interest anymore, sorry, but I do think someone from Tinnitus Talk should stick it to them.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. Karno

Karno Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Clubbing as a student, and then made worse by antibiotics
      Hello, new to the forum but have been making my way through this thread over the last month. My very loud tinnitus (which I had habituated to with the help of maskers) spiked about 6 weeks ago and hasn’t gone back down. I was feeling pretty down about it and while searching for solutions came across this thread on Lenire. I’m seriously considering signing up, despite the price tag.

But I wanted to know why there has been so much hate towards Lenire on here?

It seems some people have made some real progress with their tinnitus having used it, which is surely something to be celebrated given the lack of any other treatment. I appreciate their clinical trial results might be exaggerated but even a 50% chance of success is quite remarkable given how intractable a condition tinnitus is.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

12. AfroSnowman
      Balanced

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Nonnatural energy source
      Well I think some of the hate is because this is an online forum and that is what folks do.

My own experience is that of mild disappointment. I think my experience is pretty common that it might have done something, I showed some improvement after treatment, but it was a subtle improvement. It really wasn't enough that I could definitively point to the treatment as having made me better and not just the journey in time. The other thing is that while it made a difference (do a search for me on Lenire User Experiences thread for my journey) and that difference is worthwhile, it didn't make enough of a difference; tinnitus still impacts my day to day life. I think what I was searching for and am still searching for is that treatment that knocks things down by half and really lets my tinnitus chapter of my life fall far into the the background.

That being said if you have the time, money, access, and realistic expectations I would recommend giving it a go.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    13. DaveFromChicago

DaveFromChicago Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Headcold/Flu
      To Karno:

Please see my entry dated 12/07/20. There is a distinct danger of Lenire worsening this condition.

• Agree Agree x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    14. Drachen
      Tired

Drachen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Currently unknown; likely noise-induced
      Yeah, wasn't the statistics gathered from Lenire trials here on the forum estimated at something like: 3/5 did nothing, 1/5 helped somewhat, 1/5 worsened? I swear there was an indication of that somewhere.

Any chance that a "treatment" might make the problem worse, especially one as expensive as Lenire, is probably too much to risk.
      This is true to some extent, but I don't think it's a result of people just hating to hate. Everyone here wants a treatment. Everyone here wants relief for this problem. I think it's because of this wish for improvement that people are much less forgiving of shortcomings or risks, especially when there's a fear those responsible for the treatment might be grifters instead of healers.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    15. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      Not sure I've seen "hate" but there was definitely, and rightly so, a lot of robust questioning going on. There were a couple of early users here that experienced quite serious ramping up of symptoms after using Lenire. One of those people ended up taking his own life. I don't think it'd be fair to Neuromod to attribute any blame of this on their product but personally I do believe an element of unmet expectation played a role.

All this may not be obvious to anyone dropping into the thread for the first time but to be really quite frank, it's been a pretty shitty couple of years for those who sat through it in real time.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 2
    16. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2016-2019 (Mild, Cured) 8/2020 (Severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus / Microsuction / Acoustic Trauma
      Who took their own life after Lenire?

17. UKBloke
      No Mood

UKBloke Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / family history
      Allan.

18. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just to clarify, as far as we know, was it that his tinnitus got worse, or frustration that it did not get better?

19. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It got worse. You can just read his last 50 posts or so.

20. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Thanks - I prefer not to for my own mental health. May he rest in peace.

21. RODRIGO

RODRIGO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      Lenire helps me. My tinnitus this last year has been the lowest since it started seven years ago. I'm happy for Lenire, my life is now much better.

This is my own experience.

• Like Like x 9
      • Winner Winner x 5
      • Hug Hug x 3
    22. Tomas80

Tomas80 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknow. Maybe stress?
      Do you know what caused your tinnitus?

• Like Like x 1
    23. Still-Hope
      Dead

Still-Hope Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      JULY 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced. (working music for too long in Headphones)
      Hi,

Thanks for sharing and congrats, that's really nice to know Lenire had a good impact on your tinnitus.

As @Tomas80 asked, I would like to know, what caused your tinnitus?

Regards.

24. RODRIGO

RODRIGO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      The doctors told me it was idiopathic, although I have very slight hearing loss in my right ear. So I suspect it is due to this hearing loss, 30 dB at 4000 Hz. The rest of the frequencies are within normal range.

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    25. Tomas80

Tomas80 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknow. Maybe stress?
      Well, thank you. I'm glad Lenire helped you.

Please, does anyone know the statistics of how well Lenire treats the various causes of tinnitus?

How effective is Lenire when the tinnitus is caused by noise?

How effective is Lenire when tinnitus is caused by stress?

• Like Like x 1
    26. hopes

hopes Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Why does Lenire cost so much money? The device looks pretty cheap imo.

I would have liked to try it to see if it can reduce my tinnitus but why do they ask such a high price?

My assumption is they are scamming people...?

27. GBB

GBB Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think it's less a scam, more that they don't have economies of scale. Efficacy seems mixed, so hoping they iterate and improve over time once they have larger datasets and hopefully emergent themes they can identify in patient experience.

• Agree Agree x 2
    28. ajc

ajc Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      A recording of the webinar Neuromod organized recently:

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    29. iGL0CK
      Thinking

iGL0CK Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (punk rock show)
      In terms of medical device,s it isn't a high price at all. Simple in-ear white noise generators (not talking about hearing aids, but the ones used as part of TRT, Tinnitus Retraining Therapy) costs about $2,000 per ear and don't provide any tinnitus loudness reduction.

• Agree Agree x 2
    30. ringingfeet

ringingfeet Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/12/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Trauma
      Not a strong point since those white noise generators are also a scam.

• Agree Agree x 2