Light Ear Fullness/Odd Feeling After Trying to Readjust an Earplug After It Wouldn't Seal?

Discussion in 'Support' started by missingsilence, Dec 21, 2021.

1. missingsilence
      Depressed

missingsilence Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Who am I kidding, its got to be noise :/
      Hi guys,

About a week ago I was outside and I tried to readjust my silicon earplug by gently pushing it deeper into my ear as it wouldn't seal well. I tried to gently move it more into my ear canal and pushed gently and felt a light pain in my ear, I stopped, tried readjusting it and gently pushed it into my canal. It finally sealed ok, but when I came home and took it out I felt a light fullness/odd feeling in the ear. It's been almost a week and the feeling is still there.

Do you think I caused any permanent damage? I had some pain in that ear when swallowing yesterday and my nose has been a bit stuffy but I don't have a cold. It's been worrying me a lot, but I cannot imagine how I could have possible damaged my ear like that. Do you think I could have permanently stretched my eardrum or damaged it somehow because of the light pressure of inserting the earplug?

Just to add, the earplugs were a double flanged silicon/rubber type.

2. Freerunner

Freerunner Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Caloric test
      Hi man,

I have been in similar situation several times so far. The discomfort and pain always subside after a day or two. I would suggest visiting a doctor if your symptoms stay unchanged.