Lightsaber Type Noises

Discussion in 'Support' started by mick1987, Jan 22, 2014.

tinnitus forum
    1. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Hi everyone, my regular tinnitus doesn't really bother me anymore, but occasionally I get what I would describe as a light saber (star wars) type noises swinging around in my head, last night I was sitting downstairs i heard the noise as well as a thumping noise, scared me quite a bit, went to bed and the thumping noise sounded like someone running up the stairs faintly and the light saber noise that was flucuating at a fast pace was quite loud, so scary! It's only in the night I hear these noises, but I am terrified this will be an everyday, all the time noise, what could it be?

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. shan
      Lurking

shan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      God knows
      I don't know what it is but I used to hear low rumbling and thumping noises in my head at times. It sounded like a truck was passing by outside my window but I stay on the 15th floor... I was perplexed because I couldn't identify if it was from the traffic below or my brain/ears were conking out on me. I stopped trying to figure out the source of the noise after a while and it eventually went away.

Don't let yourself be unduly worried since it is only occasionally. Sometimes anxiety creates a lot of false truths.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
    3. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Thanks for the reply shan, it does only happen occasionally, but when the noise happens it is terrifying! It sounds like a light saber being waved around my head very fast like...Zzznn...Zzzn.zznn.zznn.zznn noise..lol.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. shan
      Lurking

shan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      God knows
      The force is with you.

• Like Like x 1
      • Hug Hug x 1
      • Funny Funny x 1
    5. mick1987
      No Mood

mick1987 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      Darth Vader in my head! LOL

• Hug Hug x 2
    6. Sen
      Caffeine

Sen Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October, 2012.
      sounds like normal tinnitus to me. i get r2d2 sounds in addition to lightsaber sounds sometimes lol

• Hug Hug x 1
    7. Denny

Denny Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2013
      When you are use to one type of sound any changes including volume causes
      Fear. I wonder what percentage has only one same constant sound over many years?
      When a new sound comes the brain/limbic system misses the old sound it had been
      Used too.

• Hug Hug x 1
    8. Miguel
      No Mood

Miguel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      I have the same sound right now. It started after a long session of making music on the computer last night with headphones. It's not too loud, but I can definitely hear it. Especially when there's no noise around me. I kept checking to see if it was the fridge in the kitchen as it usually makes a similar noise, but it was definitely in my left ear. I've heard it before but only momentarily at random times. However, after last night I can hear the light saber waving continuously. I haven't freaked out about it, but it does make me just a bit uneasy.

• Hug Hug x 1
    9. Emz96
      Angry

Emz96 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/16/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Came back from Kelly ghost town next morning ringing started
      I have had that for the past two days anyone know how to mask the sound?