Listened for Tinnitus and Now I'm Stuck with It

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Swaggarius, Apr 9, 2018.

1. Swaggarius

Swaggarius Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Well hello everyone, I'm 20 years old and I'm kinda an hypochondriac. 3 months ago I convinced myself I had lymphoma and even experienced symptoms I was convinced. Turns out I didn't have cancer. Now 3 weeks ago I was reading something on Tinnitus and was like shit, let me see if I don't have it. Started listening to my brain and I found it.

Now its been 3 weeks since I first noticed it and it's always there. Its not too loud and I don't hear it from the ears. It's like coming from behind my brain and it sounds like white noise. Also I have been pretty stressed lately not sure if there is a connection.

I tried an ear wax removal but didn't do anything and not sure what to do next.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Whether you have it or not, DON'T listen for it. This is a natural/normal behavior and all of us have done this. Try to get out of this routine. By listening for it, you are telling the brain to focus on it and this can lead the negative outcomes. Stress can play a huge role with tinnitus and it can possibly cause your tinnitus to get louder.

All we suggest on this site is to protect your ears and avoid loud places (bars, pubs, live events, concerts). Everyone (majority of people) usually start(s) at the beginning stages and they hear the low hiss/low tones. Abusing the ears and not protecting them can make your tinnitus much louder.

Take care :)

• Like Like x 2
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It would not hurt to have your ears checked by your doctor just to rule out wax build up and then just go about your day as normal and not focus on your sound.
      Now you know about tinnitus I would recommend that you use noise reduction plugs when your in a really loud place and that is for your protection for your ears and wish other young adults would do the same so maybe you could mention ear protection to your friends and you can get clear ones fit flat to your ear and not noticeable at all.
      love glynis