Losing Hope I Will Ever Be Happy Again

Discussion in 'Support' started by regreatful, Jan 17, 2018.

1. regreatful

regreatful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      I got my Tinnitus about 15 months ago from a concert. It has gotten a lot better, but I am losing hope it will continue to fade. I have some good days, but some bad days.

Even what I have now (mild Tinnitus) I am depressed and angry about getting Tinnitus, and the fact nobody really understands what I am going through.

I have thought about suicide often, as I can't seem to "except" this condition. I just hope it continues to get better. I am really messed up and don't know how I can go on.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Hug Hug x 1
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @regreatful ,
      Please don't give up hope and your future won't feel as bad when you find what helps you cope and sleep and learning that all the lovely things in your life before tinnitus are still there and just have to put in more effort to enjoy it and not convince yourself life is never going be the same.
      Tinnitus can be mental torture and mild tinnitus irritate a person and struggle to cope just as sever tinnitus .
      We are here around the clock to support you so your not alone.
      Keep relaxing music on to keep you calm and take your mind off your sound.
      Love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      regreatful

regreatful Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concert
      Thank you. I'm almost in tears as I write this. T can be really hard to deal with. It's not fair to my family that I an so depressed about this. Sometimes I just want to give up.

4. Christian78
      Alone

Christian78 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      (Sep 2013)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      progressive tinnitus, time of expiring in next 3-6 months
      Happiness is not a permanent state of life but moments in life, therefore I am sure you will have your moments, but your ordinary life will be worse if you have severe tinnitus.

• Like Like x 1
    5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @regreatful,
      Tears are a good thing and a natural way of off loading a buildup of unwanted emotions .
      We are here to support you through this tough time and over time the low moods will settle.
      Keep an eye on how your feeling as talking therapy and support groups or medication can help.
      Make sure you sleep well and if you find sleeping hard then relaxing music and melatonin can help and lavender on your pillow to relax you and the sense of smell a great distraction.

Your never alone on here and lovely people to support you.
      Be kind to your self with well deserved ME time and nice treats when you feel low,maybe a nice music download and long soaks in the bath and make some nice plans to look forward too!
      Love glynis x

• Like Like x 1
    6. Red
      Crappy

Red Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure (Headphones)
      Nobody gets through life unscathed. If mild T is the worst you get then that is better off than many. But I can understand. The main fear problems with T are fear of worsening, giving up certain activities, and worry of being unable to adapt. Oh, and isolation.
      No matter the severity I think we can all be united by those.

I think eventually you can learn to let go, especially if you fill your life with other pleasures. It is hard being told by others that it could be worse but it really could. But you may need to realize that on your own.

• Like Like x 1
    7. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      I think isolation is a blessing.

• Funny Funny x 1