Low Hum and Plugged Ear

Discussion in 'Support' started by Trish123, Jun 14, 2016.

tinnitus forum
    1. Trish123

Trish123 Member

So I've had ETD for about 7 months. My left ear was always worse and the only ear that had tinnitus. I started to feel better until I got a head cold around memorial day. Now my right ear is plugged and has a low humming sound. I'm scared because this was my good ear. The ENT said it could just be ETD because of the cold. He said he doesn't know if it's going to get better or not. What could be going on? :(

2. glynis-harbron
      Feminine

glynis-harbron Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Ambassador Team Awareness Team Research

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Try mucous linctus and steam inhalation and olive oil drops in your ears....just a basic MOT in your ears and sinuses to see if it helps.
      Try stay calm as anxiety will only make it worse.....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    3. Trish123

Trish123 Member

4. Nati
      Alienated

Nati Member

Tinnitus Since:
      November 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      who knows...
      Did it go away for you? I think I'm experiencing a spike after a cold, my ears keep pooping in and out and they feel blocked..
      the low hum is driving me crazy making the high one seems like a walk in the park.. hope it's going to go away..