Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) for Tinnitus — Experiences (Dr. Wilden, etc.)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by joe, Mar 22, 2012.

1. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Yes i wore earplugs.
      I can be stupid at times, but im not THAT stupid, to go into a disco/bar with loud music without protection.
      But now i have to stay away from this totally.
      Even when i walk outsite and wearing earplugs and i walk by a bar with music, i now cover my ears with my hands.
      Im not gonna have anymore setbacks.
      That quiet time i had was just so nice and i guees i took it for granted.
      Im sure i will get back up. But i fear for the future. Lets say i get back to 80-90% cured and that is my max regeneration and it stays like this the next 2-3 years, so i know i wont get any more improvement.

Will i then still not be able to stay in places with loud music without a huge setback again and with loud T afterwards??...i really dont know and thats a bit scary i think.
      I now 100% knows LLLT works in removing T.
      But i obv. still dont know how strong the regeneration will be compared to your ears before the got damaged.

2. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I was asking if this could be due to post laser therapy or the spike was mostly due to loud music.
      Yes as stupid as it sounds I was wondering if the laser therapy can cause any side effect like that?

3. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      Sorry men, it sucks that so much work went for nothing.
      Sometimes we just want to be normal and then we have to pay the price.
      So sad, as those without any problems walk , listen to music and enjoy their life.
      When you tell them to protect their hearing they just smile.
      This makes me so jealous.

4. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      No the setback was 100% because of the music imo.
      Cuz it happened right at that moment.
      Ofcourse u can get striked by lightning and die from a heartattack right on the spot.
      Maybe the heartattack was gonna happen right in that second with or without the lightning. But most likely it would be because of the lightning.
      Similar to my situation...i have no reason to think it was gonna happen for no other reason!
      If u read my post, im saying my T got lower and lower. I was useing my laser from Wilden during the hole cruise.
      So if u come to the conclusion that it still might be damaged from doing LLLT, then fine by me.
      I have met a handfull of people in here, that just keeps looking for a reason to stay sceptic and to prove to themselfs that the were right in not starting doing LLLT.
      This is fine by me.
      Im not here to force or cheat anybody into doing the treatment.
      Like said so many times before in here by both me and Fernando...LLLT is just not for everybody.
      U need to have a speciel mindset to keep doing the treatment day in and day out, month after month with ups and down and little if no improvement the first few month maybe, depending on your treatmentprotocol and how well u protect yourself during the day ect. ect.
      You need the correct laser and know how to use it correctly (optimal) and imo eat the right stuff to optimize the cells abillity to make maximum ATP for maximum regeneration beside the ATP the cells make from the light. (The cells have two powerplants)
      So there are so many factors that comes into play, if u want healing in less possible time.

Thats why some gets nowhere and others gets huge progess in short time if u ask me.
      Ofcourse others thing comes into play, like the damaged u have and how bad/old it is ect.

So without the right mindset from the begining, its maybe just better to save the money and try to live with the condition.
      Cuz otherwise u are just gonne do thing half and with litle to no improvement and with alot of money spent and then u will come back here and start hating on folks like me and Fernando, just like many did to Hansi from what i heard.
      Not u...but people in general with the wrong mindset/approach.

5. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      I ask those questions to set my mindset in the right direction. Once I commit to something I do commit.
      I see Anne soon so I will know more myself. Then it all will be about choosing the right laser.
      What I always wonder is why Wildens home laser is only one frequency. He claims his laser is perfect for home application and has enough power to adjust when necessary. He also claims that his support is crucial during the treatment when it comes to making decisions how to set the laser.

6. Kevin08
      Balanced

Kevin08 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      This is a really interesting thread. I once used cold laser therapy to help cure some nerve damage about 5 years ago. These machines that you have purchased are pretty much identical to the ones cold laser therapists use in my country. Many Wellness and Chiropractic clinics have these machines. I wonder how they would feel about working on the ear. The machines are suggested for TMJ so I don't think it would be hard to convince them to try it on the ear. I had mine used on the lingual nerve and I felt it made a difference. Might be worth a shot rather than paying out huge sums of cash for travel or purchase of your own device.

7. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      U just need to be really sure what u do, if those guys have no clue as to how to treat tinnitus.
      Cuz treating a knee is not the same protocol u use for treating the ears for instance.
      So read up on all u come across on LLLT before doing anything foolish.
      If not, u might still end up with little to no result and then come to the conclusion its not working and then still have wasted alot of time and money that would have been better spend in clinics which are doing this daily.
      Go back in this thread and visit the sites mentioned in relation to treating T if not already done.

Good luck

8. Kevin08
      Balanced

Kevin08 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection
      A quick Google search turned up a couple of places that claim to treat tinnitus with lasers in my town. I will need to read this thread carefully and see what protocol they follow.

• Like Like x 1
    9. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Ho nick Sorry for that, but for sure you will get back.

I went to a party once , but wearing era plugs as well. But I think that your ear cells were still not strong enouph from last treatment. That is the point, for anyone that start LLLT , you need to be very carefull, the set back can come easly.
      For sure that was not due to the LLLT.
      Hope you get it soon back.
      And this comes to talk we already had. WE HAVE TO APRECIATE WHAT TEAM TROBALT IS DOING. But there is a danger in doing that tretament, and what happen to you is exactly that danger. You start to fell you are ok, and then you get back to the same routine that took you to have the T problem. T always be there for the rest of our lifes, need to be very carefull. The lady that went with me to Norway is all worried about Dr Wilden MLS waranty of the laser I sold to her. I have to tell her that she will use it for the rest of her life. Even after the T is gonne, you need to take care of the ears and keep doing it to keep them strong. But this something you already know.

Hope you recover soon. Did your father got the Lucky laser?
      Sheers

10. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hello
      Nice and hope they really do. Call them, or have an apointement, see what laser they use. nm / mw Try to get as much info as possible. If possible send a picture. I can ask Anne if they are ok or not. If you give ter name, maybe she knows them and can give some advise.

Sheers

11. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Thanks buddy

Yaa u forget very quickly how bad it was, once u start feeling better and then u start doing all the bad things u did before.
      I just hope i dident damage the nerves, but only drained the earcells. Cuz that might get me back up much faster.

No my farther havent got it yet.
      Im not even sure she started building it yet.
      My farther transfered the money thursday last week and she was supposed to write me when she could she the money on her account and she havent done that yet.

• Like Like x 1
    12. felinefine
      No Mood

felinefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      many years, but much worse after acoustic trauma in 2014
      @FERNANDO GIL @Nick J.

I am ordering my laser today, and Lulu sent me her bank information. However, my mother will be paying for my laser for me and she wants to do a different transfer through a provider. What do you feel about Western Union? Did you use any of these services?

Thank you,

13. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      @FERNANDO GIL
      @Nick J.

What do you think of cotton while protecting your ears? I noticed with cotton I get immediate protection but not as painful as with earplugs. I started to use cotton every day and I already see improvement in my hearing.
      With plugs I noticed that they need to be inserted perfectly to work. With cotton I always get that 10db of protection, although for me it feels like cotton blocks more sound the plugs.
      What plugs do you use?
      I also have Er-20 but I am not sure how much i get out of them as sound still sounds clear but little lighter.

14. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Haha...Western Union in my country is the one all criminals choose, when the want to send dirty money out of the country.
      I have no experience with them.
      I would choose to do things through the bank, as the money can be traced, so u can prove u paid and that money was recieved.
      Im almost 100% sure Lulu is not gonna run with the money, since Anne's rep is on the line aswell.
      My farther paid thursday last week and i got a mail from Lulu today that she got the money and would write me when she was sending the laser.
      But if Western is how your mother wonna do things, then just arrange it with Lulu and ask.

15. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I really dont think it comes down to what kind of protection u use, but more about the kind of noise u move around in daily and then protect yourself accordingly.
      Because then cotton might be more then anough.
      But if u were working in heavy noise of moving around alot in the streets of a big busy city, then i would personally look into earpluggs with higher db protection.
      The come in many sizes, shapes and material. So there is imo really no exuse to not protect with high end earplugs, unless money is the issue.
      U can get custom made earplugs, that fits your ear perfect and for different use, depending of what u do when u use them (sport, conzerts, ect.)

Remember that, the less noise u get into the ear, the less ATP the earcells need to spend to deal with it all and the more ATP is left over for healing in the end of the day.
      So cotton is a step in the right direction for sure.
      But logic tells me that u would see faster improvement with higher db protection.

I just use some rubber earplugs.
      Not sure of the name.
      But the should be pretty good.
      I dont care about brand. I use them if i can hear most noise in traffic are blocked.

16. felinefine
      No Mood

felinefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      ok I'm laughing here

I'll post when everything is squared away and will follow up about laser protocols. Really excited to start this thing...

17. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Yea...u SHOULD be :)
      I cant wait to try the new laser either.

Just remember by ordering the same laser like me and Fernando at only 1500$, u only get one probe of each and can only use one at a time.
      U will need about 30min in each ear with the 650nm probe and thats 1hour each day.
      After 2 month, i would recommend u move up in time and do like 40-45min. for the next 2month.
      In between u can add like 10min. behind the ear on each session if u want and u can do this from day one.
      That helped me a great deal.
      Then u have the 808nm and thats just gonna add more time on top each day, unless the change it like Fernando does from day to day.
      So if money is not an issue now that mommy is paying, then maybe its better to go for 2 probes of each hehe.

18. felinefine
      No Mood

felinefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      LOL Nick! I don't think so :) She's not Ms. Rich or anything, but I so appreciate her help, and your help...really.

Ok I will be writing here all the time once I get the laser in the mail...you better count on that.

19. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Actualy just the same as they use for swim. I did brought some from Dr Wilden and still use those.
      But I will try cotton.
      Thanks

20. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      With those you can even ask the level of protection you want, on that point I have to say beeing a little lazy
      Should take a few time off to ask for one of those.

Fernando

21. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Yes the have different db protection depending of the what the are used for.

Not sure what u mean??

But i was told it would take like 3weeks to make them customized and i had to pay like 150€ for ONE set!

22. CarrieLee

CarrieLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2014
      @Nick J. @FERNANDO GIL

Nick, Sorry to hear about your set back. I had the same experience. My kids had a party on Saturday and the party staff played loud music. I only stayed in the room for 10-15 minutes talking to another parent and realized it is not good and ran out to get a ear plug. Two days later, I felt my T got louder again. I increased my Luci use for one hour according to Amon's advice.

After reading the thread, I start to think of ordering Lucky Laser. Luckily, money is not an issue for me, so I decide to go all out. What do you recommend to buy and how do I contact lulu? - Kindly advise again. Thank you!

23. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      I think here in Portugal is 65 €

24. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Here it is: luckylaser@vip.163.com
      Just talked with @felinefine and she got a mail from Lulu saying they accept T/T or Western Union.
      Sheers

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. CarrieLee

CarrieLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2014
      @FERNANDO GIL

Thanks for the information. I do have some other questions and like to get your opinion. It seems like you travel quite a bit for your job. How do you protect your ears during flight? Do you ever watch movies or listen to music when you took the flight? I notice my T always gets louder after a flight. Is it the same as you? Should we avoid all music or movies during flight? OR should we avoid flights as much as possible? I have a 16 hours flight to Asia coming in April and am still thinking if I should make the trip.

Do we need to wear ear plugs when we go to the beach? the wave can be loud. I am not sure about this since it is natural sound.

When I get the lucky laser, can you show me how to use it n "Line" app? Easier to use than Skype and it is totally free. You can do face voice call as well on the phone. Thank you a million!

26. CarrieLee

CarrieLee Member

Tinnitus Since:
      May 2014
      @Nick J.

I try to understand what you wrote here about lucky laser. If I buy two probes for each, does it mean I have 650nm or 808nm at the same time? If I remember correctly, Fernado uses 650nm in the ear and 808nm behind the ear for each ear about 30 minutes (total one hour) and then switch up for two ears next day and continue to do so for 5 days a week, two days off. So it is 650nm/120 nw and 808nm/400 nw, am I right?

Thank you very much again for your very kind help!

27. felinefine
      No Mood

felinefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Really disappointed....

Just heard from Lulu that the US has not FDA approved the Lucky Laser, meaning, it could be held at customs....not sure I can ask for help here, but just sharing my disappointment.

I'll be looking for options.

28. felinefine
      No Mood

felinefine Member

Tinnitus Since:
      • Like Like x 1
    29. bwspot

bwspot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/13/2014
      Which model is fda approved then!

30. Nick J.
      Approved

Nick J. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      I would take the chance.
      When u enter usa, the say u cant bring food, seeds, nuts ect. Into the country for safety reasons.
      I brought fruit, nuts, seeds (for eating = flaxseeds) and fish in cans and i told them and it was okay...like the dident care.
      Im not even sure custom know what a laser is.
      If the ask, u just need to come up with something that does not involve useing the laser on humans.
      Say is for experiments in a school project on plants or whatever!
      Cant see how FDA can deside what people can buy.
      I could understand if u had your own clinic and was gonna treat people.