Low-Level Laser Therapy (LLLT) for Tinnitus — Experiences (Dr. Wilden, etc.)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by joe, Mar 22, 2012.

1. DeanD

DeanD Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Mild since 1982 - then Severe Oct 2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Microsuction (Oct 2022)
      How is the LLLT going @10Kcd?

Are you still noticing an improvement?

Sorry if you have mentioned in another thread or post (I have been through all 71 pages of this thread, but may have missed it), is your tinnitus bilateral, and do you have one or multiple tones?

I am in the same acute phase (1.5 months in) and am considering this.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    2. 10Kcd

10Kcd Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      Hi @DeanD - thanks for asking, and sorry I missed this question. I've been mostly posting about my LLLT experiences over at this thread (I don't know how to link straight to a particular point on the thread, but my most recent post is down at the bottom of that page).

To answer your questions about my tinnitus, it's unilateral (left) and is a single tone which has slid up to about 14-15 kHz. Sometimes I get what I call ghost tones on my right side (I recognize that all tinnitus tones could be referred to as ghost tones) but these are gratefully rare and relatively fleeting - they'll come and go within a few minutes.

Definitely check out my posts at the above link for greater explanation, but to summarize my experience with LLLT thus far, I have noticed a reduction in my sound sensitivity most and maybe a reduction in the volume some (though that still shifts a lot, and it's hard to quantify how much it's reduced since I started LLLT).

I really can't say that LLLT is responsible for any of the positive shifts I've experienced - it's just as likely to be my natural healing process. Most importantly, my tinnitus hasn't gone away. And, whereas at the beginning of my LLLT experience, I was occasionally noticing little stretches where I could barely hear my tinnitus, I haven't experienced that in my most recent treatment cycles.

I wouldn't advise against LLLT, and it probably better to do it in a more acute phase (I started mine about 3 months after an acoustic trauma, so I don't know how that compares to 1.5 months post-microsuction), but I also can't say with any certainty that LLLT actually does anything. I had the luxury of being able to afford an at-home device, and I haven't experienced any negative impact, so it's been a neutral experience at worst for me.

I hope this helps. Again, sorry for the delay, and please feel free to ask if you've got other questions.

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    3. lymebite
      Vegged out

lymebite Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Anyone heard of SonicCalm Pro? An LLLT device for tinnitus at a low price - $69.

SonicCalm Pro

What results can I get?
      You can expect a 50% reduction in volume after 3 months, and a 60-80% reduction at 12 months.

untitled-design--20230313t171936291-1678724389557.png

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    4. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      Looks pretty scammy to me. I can’t find any other info or reviews from it online, which makes it quite suspicious since the website says there’s 8000 reviews :bag:

But then again, nothing to lose if you can try it for 90 days and then just send it back.

5. lymebite
      Vegged out

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Indeed, I only see 10 reviews posted, not 8,000, and those 10 look like they were written by a low budget version of ChatGPT.

I wonder what Anne Harila thinks about this device?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
      • Creative Creative x 1
    6. Dizzyhead888

Dizzyhead888 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medical mistake
      I have a red light infrared device that is in the form of 0.5m x 0.8m block. Are there any testimonies of such non-targeted devices used to improve tinnitus successfully, as the light is immersive?

7. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      • Like Like x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    8. Nick47

Nick47 Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Viral/noise
      I have seen a wave of LLLT all over the internet in the last month. Just a repeat of a failed treatment, surely. Another study from Brazil, hailing LLLT as the most effective tinnitus treatment.

Anyone smell bullshit?

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Good Question Good Question x 2
    9. Dizzyhead888

Dizzyhead888 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medical mistake
      I have a panel with red light & infrared that is in the form of 0.5 m x 0.8 m block.

Are there any testimonies of using such non-targeted large devices to improve tinnitus successfully? Like if I place it next to my ear and neck?

The infrared light is said to penetrate inside the tissues.

10. Gabriel
      Depressed

Gabriel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I focused on verifying if I had tinnitus
      Hi guys,

Just bought this cheap LLLT out of AliExpress.

I thought it's so cheap I don't risk anything, plus after all LLLT is just red LED (ok and infrared, which this LED might not be but studies do not always mention infrared).

I will try it one hour per day, and let you know :confused:

• Funny Funny x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    11. lolkas

lolkas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Don`t know
      Are you sure that the LEDs in these are strong enough?

12. Cankom

Cankom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2023
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced or Meniere's
      @Gabriel, did you experience any improvements after using the LED earplugs?

13. lymebite
      Vegged out

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I think Shanghai Lucky Laser may have gone out of business during the extended COVID-19 lockdowns in China, I don't see their website live anymore for any products.

If anyone is interested, I am putting my LK-COMBI Lucky Laser up for sale. Shipping to US only because it is very large and heavy and would be quite expensive elsewhere. It is the upgraded model with 4 laser probes instead of 2. Excellent condition in original packing suitcase container. Cost around $2700 new but I will sell for much less to someone interested in giving it a go. If interested, let me know by posting on my profile page.