MacKenzie Bezos to Donate Half of Her $37 Billion to Charity

Discussion in 'Awareness & Fundraising' started by spedgas, May 28, 2019.

1. spedgas
      Scared

spedgas Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I saw this headline today and I'm hoping some of this money makes its way to tinnitus research. I know it's unlikely, but this is the type of whale we need.

I may spend some time trying to figure out how to get this suggestion to her.

Hopefully somebody with access to her struggles with tinnitus.

• Like Like x 2
      • Informative Informative x 1
    2. Emanuel Lourenco
      No Mood

Emanuel Lourenco Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I would say that is too hopeful thinking man...

Comparing to other conditions/any type of charity, tinnitus is such a low priority...

As every ENT tells us, most people with tinnitus just get on with it because let's face it, there are a lot of people with mild tinnitus, but for us that have it really bad we are a very tiny fraction.

When do you ever hear anyone talk about tinnitus unless they have it?

The way I see it... Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Cancer, all that stuff will be prioritized before tinnitus...

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Greg Sacramento

Greg Sacramento Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing + Somatic tinnitus from dental work
      She and her ex are also shareholders of a neuro drug company that has FDA approval for a depression drug that's not a benzo and does not require a taper and this is a first. Maybe she will donate to tinnitus causes as this company has tinnitus listed under research study as a neuro interest. I have talked to several company reps and they are understandably closed mouth as this is a large public neuro drug company. One rep did say that any compounds as in a tinnitus drug needs to greatly manage tinnitus for all and not just a percentage. If this ever comes about - I will be dead by then.

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Informative Informative x 1
    4. david c

david c Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2012
      Hopefully, she could be convinced of the financial advantages as well as the altruistic aspects of tinnitus research. Imagine the incentive of "Cured Tinnitus" being listed in the future as one of Prime's subscription benefits... Given the choice of that or going on one of Jeff's space rockets I know which I'd choose.

• Agree Agree x 1