Made a Big Mistake

Discussion in 'Support' started by EatMoTacos, Oct 30, 2014.

1. EatMoTacos
      No Mood

EatMoTacos Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music and being dumb
      I went out Friday October 25th with some friends at a bar. We had a fair amount of drinks, I shouldn't have done this, I went then stayed at the bar then all of a sudden the bar was really loud and so many people there. I didn't wear my ear plugs as I always take them with me.

I was not thinking and I stayed for a little bit then left the bar. My ears did not have the fullness feeling or anything when I left but I was a tad bit buzzed. I did take NAC and a high does of Magnessium before and after the exposure. I have been on NAC for a while now, but I do not think it has helped me.

I woke up the next day with a tab bit higher T in my left ear and my right is a littler higher too. It's been 5 days now and I think this maybe permanent. I have still taking NAC and Magnesium and during this time I have been experiencing more spikes rather than normal.

Can this subside? Any help please on what should I do????

2. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      Hahaha, dude chill please :)
      My longest spike from a loud gig was some 3 weeks.
      Don't worry about it.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      EatMoTacos
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't know man. I really think I might have messed up my ears again :( I'm freaking out.

I started taking high doses of Magnessium and NAC to see if that would help.

Would taking corticosteroids would have any effect?

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      Probably Not at this point.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. jazz
      No Mood

jazz Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      eardrum rupture from virus; barotrauma from ETD
      Continue taking the NAC and magnesium. And try not to focus on your noise increase. I know this is extremely difficult, but the last thing you want to do is focus on your louder noise. Tell your brain to "forget about it" and make sure you keep yourself surrounded by background noise. In time, you should go back to baseline. Many people have spikes that last a few weeks, but they will return to baseline. Make sure you are sleeping well too. Take melatonin if you can't sleep. But if you're taking an antidepressant, then ask your doctor what to take for sleep.

• Agree Agree x 2
    6. SoulStation
      No Mood

SoulStation Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise / Possible Medication
      I take an AD and 6-9 mg of melatonin a night....(AD in morning )

• Like Like x 1
    7. Sven
      Fine

Sven Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/1999
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      It can be that the worrying itself (of it having gotten worse) that causes your T to appear louder. I'm suffering from something similar right now and have done so some times before.

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      EatMoTacos
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sorry to say this, but it's been weeks and still have not returned back to base line. I really think I did some damage in the high frequency range. Above the 8k range that the normal hearing test does.

I went to see an ENT and took another Audio test and it appears that the audio test is exactly the same it was when I suddenly woke up with higher T around Aug/Sep of this year.

I think I will have to try to Notch sound approach or ACRN to do something about this. There has to be a way to lower the sound.

9. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      You will be fine. I go to a bar once or twice a week. Occasionally a spike but that is probably more due to the alcohol.

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    10. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      I was at a pub over the weekend and there was an acoustic band playin.. I had some 33 foam plugs in before i walked in everything was fine was a good time. But some bars i go to are more dead and quiet and if i can have a conversation with people without shoutin then i wont wear them all night.. Im sure youl be okay.. Ive made the no plug mistake before and was scared but im sure everything will be okay. Just always remember plugss! :) i actually prefer them cause everyone else screams around you but with plugs in you can hear everything!!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    11. jonathanvg
      No Mood

jonathanvg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2012
      your anxienty can worsen your T aswell try to relax

• Agree Agree x 1