Marijuana / Cannabis and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Grant1, Sep 9, 2013.

1. robocoder

robocoder Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ear infection
      Hi,
      I'm new to the group and I'm very curious now about the potential use of cannabis for tinnitus relief.

I've had tinnitus for over a year now. At first it didn't bother me, but about 2 months ago it got much worse, to the point of being almost unbearable, especially with regards to hampering my ability to sleep.

In desperation, I got a medical cannabis card and tried it. I've tried two methods; smoking it, and eating it. (infused chocolate). Both methods seem to be equally effective. The evidence, based on my own experimentation, has been extremely promising for me. A single use of cannabis has seemed to provide complete or near complete relief of my symptoms on four occasions. The relief comes about 8 hours after the use and lasts for days. Seems to have worked for me each time I try it. It also seems to relieve the annoying feeling of fullness in my ear. I'll keep the group updated on my personal experience. I'll also try to develop some specific dosage and result data. Stay posted.

Note: This report is about my personal experience, so I would be cautious about trying it, yourself. You mileage may very.

• Informative Informative x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      Welcome to TT. Your post is very interesting, as many people here either don't like cannabis at all because it makes their tinnitus worse, or report it has no effect one way or the other so they just enjoy it for it's own sake, or not. It's particularly noteworthy that your tinnitus symptoms are abated 8 hours after use, and one use lasts for days. Keep us posted, the more information we gather, the better.

3. BuzzyBee
      Bookworm

BuzzyBee Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not Sure
      Could you share exactly what kind of strain you purchased (e.g. Girl Scout Cookies) or type of edible (specific brand of chocolate, that is).

4. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      Tinnitus and marijuana. Does someone have experience with marijuana in tinnitus? How does it affect him? I read that one person was helped by marijuana .. Of course, the grade is important. In my opinion, he used Sativa. Do you have any experience? Or at least theoretical information? I know that in the United States, in some areas, medical use of marijuana is completely permitted.

5. Tom Cnyc

Tom Cnyc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Warehouse event after years of enjoying music.
      I've found pot to neither help nor hurt tinnitus now that I'm pretty much out of the weeds and back to life.

Reasonably pot does have a side effect of anxiety. If you're in the phase of your recovery where anxiety is still a large issue, it's probably best to lay off the weed, as well stimulants like coffee, and others that are more "recreational".

• Agree Agree x 1
    6. CeeJay

CeeJay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Did your tinnitus go away? I have it right now

7. CeeJay

CeeJay Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unsure
      Did your tinnitus stop. I’m medical cbd. Last night I took a 1:1 ration. Tinnitus kicked in about an hour later and hasn’t stopped. I’m not taking anymore cbd, I’m afraid this tinnitus won’t stop. Did yours

8. object16
      Magical

object16 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      overuse of hearing protection, plus noise
      cannabis tinnitus in my experience always stops, although sometimes it is very scary and you think you did something permanently bad/stupid. at the moment, i am trying various strains, mainly low thc balanced thc/cbd. cannabis also has terpenes, and there is "entourage" effect from the terpenes. there are also mainly subtleties re: when to harvest, late harvest is higher in CBN content, and i am experimenting whether CBN is good or bad. also, with edibles, apparently there are some subtle points there as well, in the edible made from fresh cannabis with non-decarboxylated thc-a cbd-a has different effect, and thc-a cbd-a taken by edible might be something to try. i'm going to. it is legal where i'm living, you need a prescription, and apply for a permit. my doctor prescribed me for the maximum amount, to give me as much freedom to research different strains and research harvesting timing, various edible preparations, because i can't find anyone who can do this for me, and the products from the dispensaries are grown out for maximum thc/cbd and not for cbn. cbn is oxidized thc. cbd oxidizes to cbd - hq which as far as i can tell has no potential for benefit, but lets try it before passing judgement.
      i take microdoses only, i have taken big doses, and this creates like there is a big alarm clock going off inside your head. when i took a big dose such as 6 hits from a 0.2g vaporizer amount, it was really nuts, but did subside, so i'm not too worried. right now, i take 0.08 - 0.1 g and take 3 hits through the vaporizer.
      i did find one strain that did not spike the tinnitus, and let me relax sleep, but stupidly, the label tag for the strain had fallen off. however, i do know the diffferent strains i was growing, and think it may be medical-49 by vision seed bank, so i'm going to grow another m-49 plant and evaluate. i'm also evaluating a number of other strains, but i like to stay balanced thc/cbd because the cbd modulates the thc. by taking microdoses in this way, i believe will avoid downregulating the receptor, and avoid the very unpleasant alarm clock in your head side effect for regular doses.
      cannabis has allowed me to discontinue taking mirtazapine and seroquel. at least, if cannabis eventually does not work out, then i can start taking mirtazapine seroquel again, but at a much lower dose.

9. Vicki F

Vicki F Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hi! I hope I can help someone here. I researched marijuana for possible solutions to my Menieres disease. I found that the only solution for me was Prednisone, which I didn't want to take on a regular basis. I was experiencing 24/7 roaring in my left ear that was incapacitating. Since marijuana can be broken down into extracts that don't include THC, the part that gets you high, I found CBD is the one for inflammation, which is what the Prednisone was for. I ordered 250 mg CBD from a company called KOI. It can be used sublingually or Vaped. I am a vaper so that was the method I chose. I Vaped about a 1/2 ml over 6 hours, went to bed and woke up with no roaring in my ear! I am ecstatic!! I can't wait to tell my doctor! I have been so devastated by this disease I feel like I need to tell everyone of this miracle I found. This is not illegal due to no THC. It doesn't make you high. I can't tell you the effect of using it under your tongue since I didn't use it that way. Best of luck to you all. Oh! I paid $35.99 for a 30 ml bottle.

10. Mikael

Mikael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/1998
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I have no idea
      I must say, from my own experiments that Ganja really works.

11. Ambassador
      Cool

Ambassador Member

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      High frequency hearing loss and lifetime noise exposure
      Tried CBD oil, not help, no harm. Too much puts me to sleep.

12. Niel S.
      Badass

Niel S. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      How did prednisone effect you? Did it make T quieter?
      I'm smoking a lot of MJ and it has no effect on tinnitus, it only makes me relax more and free my thoughts from T.

13. DebInAustralia
      No Mood

DebInAustralia Member Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Is CBD without THC unlikely to cause issues with tinnitus?

• Agree Agree x 1
    14. housemzk

housemzk Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 18, 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      concussions, wisdom teeth removal, neck, jaw, stress, noise?
      Someone very close to me had near remission of tinnitus for a 3 hours with medical sativa gummies. The tinnitus was still there but barely noticeable. Also mentioned was finally not giving a damn of tinnitus or perceived loud sounds around them. Maybe a small taste of habituation?

I'll find out more and post back here with further updates.

• Like Like x 2
    15. object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      OK, alright, i am going to be completely crazy here, but i do have some medical knowledge.

1. habituation is essentially a form of neural plasticity.
      2. we have to encourage plasticity, but how?

actual true CBD, not what is snake-oiled as CBD oil etc, does actually promote growth of new brain cells, and plasticity. we know that CBD is poorly absorbed orally, so people drinking CBD oil are even more deluded. this study is well known.

we know that "sound therapy" is the only proven way to get this plasticity, it is done by very selectively providing the brain with a level of sound slightly less than the level of the tinnitus, this gives the brain "something to work with".

we also know that PET brain scans show brain listening to noise, shows very little activity, but PET scan of brain listening to music is flooded with activity, because music is complex, captivating, and evokes emotion. simple noise does not do that.

my theory now, is that rather than conventional "sound therapy", use what i call augmented, consisting of brain dosed with CBD, and fed with quiet pleasant familiar music.
      people here are discouraged by cannabis, but cannabis has a multitude of genes, and dozens of cannabinoids, and hundreds of terpenes, a treasure trove of pharmacology.
      i hypothesize then, that the CBD molecule may be central to accelerated healing. why does my friend say his tinnitus is screaming loud and yet he "just ignores it", and why can't i "just ignore it"?
      anyways, i've just received a strain called treasure island which is a select clone out of numerous treasure island phenotypes, in other words, the producer has acted as an agricultural research station. it is approx 17% CBD and 0.6% THC. i'm a firm believer the best way to absorb CBD is by vaping it. eating it, you absorb very little, and the liver chews it up before it gets to the brain. oromucosal tincture, i've tried that and i find the tincture irritating, and i don't believe you can count on the absorption either, you start salivating which washes everything down to the stomach.
      burning it in a joint or pipe is simply stupidity.

anyways, i've taken 0.11g of treasure island, vaped, which makes me feel sooooo relaxed. this was followed by around 3 hits of vaped fresh (undried, just picked flower), from a strain called black mamba cbd, i don't think black mamba is anything special, except it has cbd in slight excess of thc, plus being indica, has its own set of terpenes.

none of this has had any immediate effect on my tinnitus, but i just feel so f*n relaxed and calm, you could tell me my house burned down, i've been kicked out of my job, my kids all commited suicide, and i've just fallen broken my neck and complete quadriplegic and can't even talk or see, and i still wouldn't care because this dose that i've taken is so nice. as i mentioned above, the idea, is to push through the tinnitus, and use the cannabis as a method to train the brain to focus on other sound, such as the musical sound track i've got on right now, and "retrain" the brain so that it is not so damn afraid this tinnitus will cause me to jump off a bridge or something. it is really the emotional response to the tinnitus which is bad, and also that you can't sleep. cbd/thc/cbn is well known sedative, but PLEASE use only tiny doses, i refer to as microdose. we have a tendency to think that if a little is good, then twice as much will be twice as good, but brain does not work that way, you have to feed it the precise dose. just like your computer might work well with 120v, so you think that 240v your computer will be twice as fast, same stupidity, but very subtle concept when it comes to neural rehabilitation. higher dose will have paradoxical effect.

also, bear in mind, people will come in and claim receptors down regulate, which is true, however, in the brain there is selective down regulation, meaning some parts of brain down regulate more than others, so the "guess" and "hope" is that a microdose will create the correct environment for beneficial down regulation.

so this is the diary of my unsanctioned and unethical experimentation upon a willing subject who wishes to give himself up in the name of science. if it fails i don't care, it is so nice to have taken some good weed. i'll let you know tomorrow if i'm just full of shit or not.

• Like Like x 1
      • Winner Winner x 1
    16. object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      alright, so here is what i discovered:

vaping a pure cbd strain did not really create a spike, so that is good news. it didn't put me to sleep, but don't be too impatient. i then followed with a vape of (supposed, non-lab checked, but smoke checked by another medical patient, as consistent with 1:1) 1:1, creating inside my brain a 3:1 cbd/thc mix, plus of course the terpenes. so far everything was fine, no spike yet, but i didn't want to push the dose, because i believe that you must use the minimum dose possible. by now i had vaped close to 0.25g of weed, which i consider to be quite a bit (note that a "small" medical dose is 1g, but my reading is that pushing the dose will definitely lead to tolerance). i still wasn't getting to sleep, so i took a thc+ strain, which was very mature and +++rich with cbn. i also took a small dose of thc edible, amounting to 0.8g which equals about 50mg oral thc. i felt this was now too much thc, and this now did create a slight spike. however, this did not discourage me too much, probably will have to let the thc strain keep growing and get super+++ hypermature until thc mainly oxidized to cbn. and cut my edible dose in 1/2. growing out the thc plant to full cbn stage, that will take, my guess, likely another 4 weeks, from the looks of it, so i'm not going to push my luck until i definitely see 60% or more amber trichomes.

I consistently kept on a musical Enya soundtrack, at the same time, reducing the volume of the rainfall soundtrack. i've been listening to rain for several years, and so far no luck with habituation, i kept it on, just much quieter, so i could barely make it out. i did sleep for inbetween 10 pm till 4 am. not very great. i tried another vape of cbd + cbd/thc and lay down for a bit, i'm not sure if i slept at all, or just lay there, seemed like i just lay there for a couple hours.

after that ordeal, i feel kind of bagged today, but pretty alert and with it, no problem doing my work, which is quite involved and requires a lot of concentration. fortunately i'm pretty good at what i do, which is a bonus.

so nothing very startling so far, except i was please that i am familiar with what my own dose/tolerance/spikiness is like.

fwiw, i'm reading reviews of the Treasure Island strain, and many people actually find it does help with sleep - despite this being a sativa, and negligible thc. this may be the terpene effect, or just the effect of being relaxed.

every night, i just get so afraid i won't be able to sleep, and this anxiety is not good.
      this will be definitely a long term project, i am hoping that within 4 weeks it will be apparent whether i have managed to accelerate a so-far non-existent habituation to take place.

i don't expect anyone else to attempt what i'm doing, but at this point i am extremely desperate. so far i keep getting worse and worse, and i would like to get better. somewhere, there has to be an answer. i don't believe lab animal experiments are necessarily to be believed, because lab animals don't appreciate music very much, and have very minimal intellect, so cannot really be expected to do visualization at all. at least not when it comes to overcoming a chronic pain neuropathic disorder, which is what i believe we are contending with here. it is just unfortunate that cannabinoids are not giving us an easy answer, but that doesnt' mean there is no answer, just haven't found it yet. unless you look, you will never find.

17. Luman
      Benevolent

Luman Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Intermittent Tinnitus probably noise induced
      I take .5 mg of sublingual melatonin, sometimes combined with a couple of drops of CBD, before bed, to help me sleep. If I wake up during the night, two or three drops of CBD oil will put me right back to sleep. I am going to try eliminating the melatonin, as it is not a good idea to use it long term, and see if the CBD alone is enough to produce results.

18. AZeurotuner

AZeurotuner Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      For sleep try an indica dominant concentrate.... I usually vape on sativa dominant distilled clear cartridges (the ones that thread on to e-cigarette batteries), bought an indica last week to switch things up and holy crap is that thing strong, more than two hits is basically guarenteed to put me out whether I want to sleep or not. I wouldn't recommend it for day time use, but for rest it's a real winner.

19. object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      interesting comments.
      here is what happened last night. recall, my tinnitus is +++++++
      i thought i'll start with an edible, about 40mg thc probably. anyway, 2 hrs later the spike from that was ridiculous, it scared me, i didn't even dare vape the cbd treasure island, i reached for the dirty clonazepam, which will work short term, but clonazepam supposed to not help with plasticity. ok the clonazepam knocked me out for 6 hrs, when i vaped with treasure island and cbd medi kush combo, again 3:1 cbd:thc. this time, much more satisfactory, no spike, and i slept like a baby. when i got up, i felt great, actually, which is right now, i feel great.
      so tomorrow, i'll vape first with treasure island to get the cbd in there, then take 1/2 dose edible.

interesting: with the treasure island/ cbd medi kush, the tinnitus completely changed character, i was like a higher pitched tinkling sound, which was much more easy to tolerate. the tinnitus gradually evolved, so clearly something inside was happening, then i fell asleep.

i take point in second paragraph to be point of optimism. at the time the tinnitus changed on me, i gave myself positive talk, which apparently CBT is very important for. CBT also does plasticity, so the combination of cbd/music/self-talk i think is like a "multi disciplinary" approach, and i don't have any specialists around here, so i have to contend and fight for myself on this one.

i think sometimes, i have to do the research on my own, even if it fails, at least i tried all i could, and used all of my available knowledge. however, when i got up in middle of night and vaped TI/CBD-MK and found the tinnitus changed for the better, this tells me i can be optimistic. particularly since up to this point, i have only been getting spike, and also since i recently had a dental thing which send me through the roof, and despite that, i'm getting better.

• Like Like x 1
    20. object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      so far, i'm doing alright, with basically 1:1 ratio, of pure cbd strain with a balanced strain. i do vape a total of 0.3g and it does make me feel quite medicated. the tinnitus does change in character, and seems easier to handle, as if it took the edge off it, instead of a high pitched whine it is more tinkly like. hard to say what is the reason for it, but that is my experience so far.
      i was initially pessimistic because animal studies were quite negative, and my initial results were like everyone else, cannabinoids spiked it, but now that i'm using a pure cbd strain, that seems to have changed things. ymmv.

• Like Like x 1
    21. object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ok, so i've got another followup and i think it is positive. with the cbd/thc and the cb1 receptor, the British Journal of Pharmacology refers to "selective downregulation" of receptors, which means there are cb1 receptors all over in the brain, and as you feed the brain with cannabinoids, the receptors diminish in numbers, as a reaction to the abundance of canabinoids. however, what is observed to happen, is some parts of the brain diminish numbers of receptors more than in other parts, which means the bottom line, that it can happen that the unwanted side effects, caused by the cb1 receptors, can down regulate to a greater degree than the cb1 receptors that are responsible for the beneficial effects.
      so i have been using myself as guinea pig, because the experiment is otherwise unethical, and i am aware that i may be causing permanent harm to myself, but there is a possibility i can benefit myself, based on "selective downregulation".

so that, is the background theory.
      the result, is that i'm feeding myself with the same dose, approx .13g of cbd blue dream, which i have not had analyzed for the specific phenotype i happened to grow out, and commercially available 0.13 Treasure Island. my hunch is the cbd blue dream is higher in cbd than thc, because other "balanced" strains, are not working as well. Treasure Island, I know to be 17% CBD and 0.6%THC. At minimum, i am then vaping a 3:1 CBD / THC product, with the vape set at 180C. the effect of this vape, now, is to feel quite medicated, almost to the point of being narcotic, which is quite effective to get me to sleep, despite what is said about CBD keeping you awake. also, my strains are Sativa, again, supposedly uplifting and energizing, but in my case quite narcotic and makes me head to the couch.

so although the first impression with cannabis, is that it is useless, and why am i fooling myself, with prolonged use, it seems like it is doing the job for me. which is great for a medication that has a positive health effect profile, supposedly promotes neural plasticity, and promotes generation of new brain cells and promotes memory.

overall people that know me quite well, observe a noticeable improvement in my appearance/demeanor/work-stamina.

so i can't guarantee the results for everyone, but for me, i was noticing exactly what everyone else was reporting, was that cannabis was causing a tinntis spike, and the inclination was to give up, but instead i chose to hope for a selective down regulation to work in my favor, so far it seems like yes.

for example, initially i would get quite a big tinnitus spike from cannabis, gradually the spike changed in character, now i get a minimal spike with strong narcotic like sedation. i feel as if my command of my work is fine, my memory seems quite fine, and so i am actually pleasantly surprised, actually, because i was for the longest period of time very pessimistic. i was sure what i was doing would not work, so there is no placebo effect going on here. at the moment, i take 0.12mg pure CBD sativa with 0.12mg cbd/thc sativa in equal amount, and if i wake up in middle of night, which is pretty much guaranteed, i take another similar dose. so daily, i take 0.5g total cannabis, with 0.25 being thc/cbd strain, i am likely taking 10mg of actual thc and maybe 30mg cbd. cbd modulates the thc receptor, so i am not getting the non-modulated thc effect, which is increased pulse/paranoia/ etc, all the usual thc side effects, instead the cbd acts like a "protector", changes the shape of the thc receptor so it doesnt fit in so snugly, and does not activate it to the same extent if cbd was not there.

the other interesting part about cbd, is that cbd inhibits the brains own enzyme that breaks down its own endogenous cannabinoid, which means that you now have the benefit of the brains own built in cannabinoid system at play.

many of the major breakthrough in medecine come from plant world, such as anti cancer, anti biotic, general anesthetic, cardiac medication, and cannbis represents an untapped treasure trove, to quote the British Journal of Pharmacology. due to prohibition, reseach has been very limited, but we have the opportunity in my jurisdiction to access medical cannabis by prescription, including growing, and i'm kind of optimistic now that i'm on to something.

i also report that moving to new surroundings, with much less exposure to low frequency industrial rumbling noises, and traffic noise has also likely helped me out. you also need a positive attitude, and belief that you are getting better, you can get better, and you will get better. Because, simply put, you will get better. use the tools you learn on this forum. you dont' need to resort to cannabis, but if that is your choice, my experience is like everyone else here, cannabis will cause a tinnitus spike, but eventually, the amount of spike goes down, and the sedation effect that you're looking for, the anti anxiety anti depressant and pro-mood effects will help you out. only attempt this if you live in a place where this is legal, and you know for sure that you are getting pure cbd strains, and a 2:1 cbd/thc strain, and use them in equal proportion by vaping. oral ingestion of cbd is very poor, and will not work. oral ingestion of delta-9 thc goes through the liver and you get 10 hydroxy thc which is highly psychoactive, and my experience is that cannabis edible or cannabis oil is a waste of hope/effort/money/time.

• Like Like x 2
    22. JMojoo

JMojoo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I've read a lot about the cbd cannabis oils and smoking/vaping the dried cbd cannabis. In my own experience,smoking and or vaping made my T worse. It's been much higher pitched the last several months to the point where I am now willing to try anything. So I now use CBD Oil,the yellow oil from tweed. Anyway , the oil worked great first few days and my anxiety was low as well. Right now my Tis a bit high and I think it may be that I took the oil before eating a good meal. Apparently this helps your body to absorb it better . So need to eat and try a bit more. I have kept my consumption of the oil at 1 mg a day. Because of my anxiety, on top of the T, too much can be a disaster on my nerves,lol.
      I think I may try vaping again, but with a higher cbd percent. Seems the THC can be harder for anxiety/tinnitus sufferers. The doctor i see for my medical cannabis for pain, has recommended I experiment with the different ways of smoking/vaping/ingesting .
      Thanks for accepting me into your group.

• Like Like x 1
    23. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      When I first started smoking cannabis in my teens, specifically the first few times, I distinctly remember getting a loud ringing in my head which lasted the duration of the high. After those few times, it stopped happening.

When I first got T in 2015, smoking cannabis definitely aggravated my T, making it much more intrusive. This lasted for about a year.. after, it sometimes spiked a bit, but it doesnt bother me anymore.

I've also learned, as I mentioned before, that THC will definitely spike T, while CBD has no effect, good or bad.

I've smoked, vaporized, eaten, and tried CBD oil.

24. object16
      Magical

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I think this might be like a cancer patient getting chemo.
      just to repeat, i know lots of people with real loud tinnitus but the "just ignore it".
      in my case i can't ignore. so why is that?
      when you take chemo, your hair falls out etc, but the cancer gets cleared up.
      tinnitus is not like a cancer for sure, but it can happen that the cure can make things seem real bad, and you get awful sick before getting better.
      that is what i have been finding, now that i have completely dropped the idea of thc strains,
      because thc is just too potent.
      i am now finding, that i am taking 0.3 g at bedtime and another 0.3 in the middle of the night. of 3:1 cbd/thc
      i used to get spikes from that, however, it seems like i am getting what i called above "selective down regulation",
      where it seems like my DCN has downregulated, and doesn't spike like it used to do, i would endlessly ask myself why am i being so stupid? and keep taking when it seems to be making things worse??? but the fact was, despite the spike, i was getting a nice deep sleep.
      at the moment, is now almost 7 weeks since i started adding a pure cbd strain, and blending it with what is likely a high cbd, maybe 9%cbd and probably 7%thc. i have to send it to the lab for analysis.
      what i can say, is the mix of Treasure Island, a sativa 16%cbd 0.8%thc in equal parts of Blue Dream CBD, at least the phenotype i have access to, does no longer create any real spike. fortunately i have cuttings of the blue dream, and i have access to sativa strains very similar to treasure island, however that will take maybe 5 months to grow out, nevertheless, i am glad , at least at the moment, that i did not abandon this project. i have experimented with numerous strains, most claiming to help with insomnia, but didn't really do the trick, and it was only when i purchased medical from a licensed medical greenhouse, did i discover what pure cbd does.
      part of the problem, is that the research claims that cbd keeps you awake, and sativa keeps you awake, however, probably tinnitus is more complex, involving many parts of the brain, DCN, basal ganglia, precunius, and i do not have the answer why what i take feels like a narcotic to me, and puts me to sleep, instead of what you read on internet that i am taking strains that should be keeping me up and energetic. why is that??? no one at the moment knows. so i could advise if someone wishes to take the risk themselves, and please please keep your dose down, start with 0.15g of a 3:1 cbd thc by vaporizer, and go for 8 weeks, do not be alarmed if you getting spikes, they always go away, according to my experience and what everyone else on net also says, but this is just strictly a guess opinion, so this is stricly my opinion at the moment, not the official opinion of tinnitustalk or any of the moderators, proceed with caution, only if you feel the risk is warranted. i cannot guarantee there is no risk, and no one can guarantee it will do any good. i repeat, anyone following the above protocol, is at their own risk, i am not accountable for any adverse effect, and neither is tinnitus talk or any or the moderators. i did this experiment on myself, strictly at my own risk, because my suffering with it, has been really bad, and to me, it was worth the risk.

• Like Like x 1
    25. Rosie_Rose
      Balanced

Rosie_Rose Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      1989? Maybe longer
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Car Accident
      Hi all! I've been using CBD oil (no THC) for a month now. My anxiety levels have plummeted, my blood pressure has lowered and I now sleep through the night (this is a BIG help). Three days after I started using the sublingual oil, I noticed that the roar of my tinnitus in the mornings and evenings has subsided. Mornings and evenings have always been my worst times. My T has not gone away (28+ years in both ears). I wanted to wait awhile before I posted anything, just to make sure. I wonder if a lowered blood pressure, lowered anxiety level and lovely lovely sleep have something to do with it.

I am using CBD oil from cwhemp.com - I use the hemp oil plus because it is their strongest oil made using the CO2 extraction method. Just like with pharmaceuticals, everyone's experiences will vary - we are all different machines and react differently to stimuli. Just my 2 cents.

• Like Like x 3
    26. John_415

John_415 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      20-12-2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Indeed, if someone would come up with a weed that would only lower T or do nothing... all of us on this forum could get high on it all the time... (for testing purposes of course).

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    27. Dave555
      Alienated

Dave555 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/9/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Power tools
      Last night I got high before watching Avengers: Infinity War (a weak sativa strain with seeds in it) so whatever spike there might have been was masked by the movie, and it was fun noticing new plot elements I never noticed before. I slept with cicidas sound therapy and when I woke up I think it was a bit quieter than usual - or easier to ignore. I'm sure it's different for everyone, but maybe it makes the brain more impressionable to visualization and other types of refocusing techniques. Hard to say after one night but it seems better than alcohol anyway.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2018
    28. JohnAdams
      Festive

JohnAdams Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      May 1st 2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Aspirin Toxicity/Possibly Noise
      Dear Marijuana,

You totally missed your chance to be something that could calm tinnitus. Instead, you spike the tinnitus. WTF is wrong with you? You calm Parkinson's tremors, you calm nausea. You make food taste good and Phish sound talented. You make Aqua Teen Hunger Force seem like the most incredible cartoon ever devised by the mind of man. Why can't you quiet tinnitus? You suck.

Sincerely,
      JohnAdams

• Funny Funny x 8
      • Agree Agree x 5
      • Like Like x 1
    29. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      How dare you! Phish sounds good without Marijuana! :p

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    30. Ecip

Ecip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Still unknown... possibly noise exposure?
      Amen, brother. I only really smoke CBD bud these days... THC is the shitty one. But umm... there may be a plant yet that calms tinnitus. We just haven't smoked it yet?