Maybe I Have Tinnitus for a Week

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Eazy, Nov 7, 2016.

1. Eazy

Eazy Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noises
      Hi all,

About a week ago I attended a concert. Indoor and small gig stage in Jakarta. It was my favorite band and I am very excited to see them live because it's been almost 8 years since i see them live. The crowd is crazy so I step aside and watch from the corner which is the speaker stands not far from me. About 2-3 times I feel something weird with my left ear at the moment caused by the noise from the speaker, however I did not take it seriously and continue stand there for about 45 minutes.

At home, my left ear could not hear normally and the next day it starts ringing. Once again, I did not taking it seriously and not take any action, wasn't protecting my ears from any loud noises (am in marching band and traffic noises) .

The 5th day, I went to see doctor and she said I lack of oxygen and gave me nasal spray and two other medication. She said that I might be have T, but diagnose it yet. I start panicking because I could not sleep well at night and thinking that this is happening for the rest of my life.

I am 25 this month and I love music, loud music, I love live music and how the bass pump my heart. I try to talk about this with my friends but I haven't find any friend who have this. Frustrated, I really hope that this could be cured or something..

Is there any hope this could be gone? and should I wear earplug everywhere? how could I prevent T for getting worse?

Thank you all and all the best for T survivors.

2. MikeL1972

MikeL1972 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      3/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Uknown
      Hi Easy,

Welcome to the site!

It is good that you went to see the ENT. Did she give you a steroid regimen to try? Also, did you get an audiogram done to get a picture of what your hearing is like?

Yes, music! We love it loud, but our ears certainly don't, lol!

Hopefully, the ringing will go away for you. In the event that it does not, do not worry! It will take some time, but your mind will gradually get used to it. The best things you can do are to limit your anxiety and stress levels. I know it is not easy because our natural inclination is to fight off an intruder. However, I can unequivocally assure you that the worst thing you can do is to fight tinnitus! Just let it win and you will habituate quicker. One you habituate, the ringing will not affect your nervous system and you will be back to your normal routine in no time. But, by all means, protect your ears and avoid instances where you can be exposed to loud noise. Best of luck!