Maybe You Can Help.... Do I Have Meniere's Disease?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Stardust, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Stardust

Stardust Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (Meniere's?)
      Hello everyone, I'm trying to do some research on some symptoms I've been having, and possibly related to Meniere's Disease, but some people say that is such a thing, and other people don't.

I had a bout of extreme vertigo last October, got rushed to the hospital: dizziness, spinning feeling, weird shadow movement (double vision?), tingling extremities, cold sweat, nausea and vomiting. But after the medicine, I pretty much just thought it was a one time thing.

I just had another bout of the same type two days ago, although this one had that ear filling sensation just before the vertigo attack.

I've also noticed some extreme fatigue and muscle soreness during, before, and after these attacks. So far, both times it has occurred, it has been diagnosed as Benign Positional Vertigo, but I'm not sure that diagnosis is correct. I've been looking up some of the other symptoms of Meniere's Disease, and tinnitus is one of them.

I don't have tinnitus often. But I have it enough when engaged in strenuous physical activity that I generally avoid it. Even walking can trigger it. And I've noticed, at least a few times in the past year, I've had to tell someone to repeat what they said because my ears were ringing and I didn't hear them.

I feel like I should be tested for Meniere's Disease, but I do not have a lot of money for that type of thing. And even if they determined that's what it was there's not really anything that can be done for it. Is it a good idea to name this sort of thing? Or should I just treat the symptoms as they rise.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Stardust.
      Menieres has lots of symptoms and not all need to be present but as its a progressive disease over time the others could come.
      Tests to rule out other ear problems like labyrinthitus and tinnitus with migraines and positipnal vertigo will help ENT to find out what is going on before jump to say its Menieres .

Keep a diary of how you are and what happens and when so it will help them diagnose you better.
      I have had Menieres 12 years or so and had all the symptoms and know just how bad it can be in the early years.

Tinnitus
      Hearing loss
      Pressure pain
      Ear fullness
      Brain fog
      Bouncy vission
      Drop attacks
      Sickness
      Motion sickness
      Dizzyness
      Vertigo
      Off balance
      Feeling offside
      Toilet problems
      Anxiety and stress
      Emotional feelings of not knowing like fear,upset etc.
      Hearing loss
      Raging tinnitus
      Headaches

I would push for tests if it keeps
      happening.
      Attacks can be daily,weekly, weeks and months apart.

The first help for menieres are
      Betahistine tablets
      Buccastem
      Cinnarazine
      Proclorperazine
      Diuretics
      Low salt diet
      ...lots of love glynis

• Winner Winner x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Stardust

Stardust Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (Meniere's?)
      Thanks Glynis.

I have some of the other symptoms too. I had also read that mood swings might be an indication, but I'm not sure what all that entails. I do know when I have nausea/fatigue, I don't usually want to do anything at all, and that makes people around me upset. It interferes with work quite a bit, especially when I have to call in sick. They say I do it too often, and maybe I do.

I don't want this to be a crutch; but I do want to know if it's a serious condition that might prevent me from working.

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      When I first started with Menieres I had 6 weeks off work as could not function and lots of days after I spent in bed or on the sofa.
      Taking medication to help with symptoms does help but some can make you more tired but helps with sickness and vertigo.
      Im quite lucky as work part time and had time sleep in and take extra meds and get them working before work but still times when been sick at work.
      I had a bad attack last weekend and told them I was feeling sick and dizzy at work and might need go home but stuck it out and rested up at home after.

If you drive and get diagnosed with Menieres you need tell the DVLA and if on medication and if know if a atrack is coming on.....lots of love glynis

• Hug Hug x 1