MCT Oil (Medium Chain Triglycerides)

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by Todd Morrison, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Todd Morrison

Todd Morrison Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/01/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I believe listening/playing loud music and/or stress
      I started taking five spoonfuls of MCT oil after a meal and it greatly lowered my T level. I think there is a great deal of potential for treating T with MCT oil. The only problem is that it is pricey, 100 calories per tablespoon, and can give you diarrhea. But, it does provide amazing relief!

• Like Like x 2
    2. stewart_uk

stewart_uk Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Have you tried this over a couple of days to see if the effects last ?

Isn't mct more or less coconut oil ? If so I'm sure people would have commented more often if it had an effect on T ?

3. Gary H

Gary H Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      3 months off from exercise and diet do to injury recovery.
      I wanted to share this find which has an explanation for why the MCT oil worked for you. See link below.

My ears started ringing about 4 weeks ago following about 3 months off from diet and daily exercise due to pains in my elbows from my exercise. I gained weight, had increased sugar (several bags of Halloween candy) and virtually no exercise. I will be trying MCT and exercise and report back on my progress.

As far as diet, obviously I will eliminate unnecessary sugar, and see how much of this diet I can manage with a busy schedule.

By the way my age is 49. My dad has diabetes and his hearing is so bad it requires hearing aides.

Also I discovered that MSM might help me manage the health of my elbows along with probably not using them at the gym every single day.

https://www.tinnitusformula.com/library/sugar-metabolism-affects-tinnitus/

4. Kelvin

Kelvin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      June 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Work
      Wow......

"The researchers in this study referenced previous studies showing that between 84 and 92% of tinnitus patients were shown to have a metabolic disorder called hyperinsulinemia."

Sugar spikes my T always and almost instantly. I had assumed it was to do with Blood Pressure. This is however another explanation.

The possible reasons for T noises get more complex the more you look.

Thanks

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. gorzakus

gorzakus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss ?
      I do wonder how many people without tinnitus have this metabolic disorder ?

6. SteveShield

SteveShield Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      HTN Rx, Migraine hx, Oil of Wintergreen induced?
      Agree with Kelvin... Blood pressure changes (4 different meds in 4 months until found the one that did cause side affects and the anxiety of high and low blood pressure helped trigger my tinnitus...)

MCT/coconut oil can cause increased anxiety and make tinnitus worse in most people!

And any fluctuation in any body system, hormones, sugar, insulin, thyroid can cause tinnitus...

7. JasonP
      No Mood

JasonP Member

Tinnitus Since:
      6/2006
      Has anyone else taken MCT oil? If so, what were the effects on tinnitus? What were the side effects?

8. bmguitar

bmguitar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2008, 2015, 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma x 3
      The point of taking MCT oil is to get into ketosis. There are some anecdotes of people finding relief through ketogenic diet/carnivore diet/fasting.