Me and Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by christine kauhane, Mar 13, 2014.

1. christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      Aloha everyone, I have had T now for the past 9 months and life if back to normal, i mean the T is still with me but i just choose not to let it control me or i will be back to step one, the climb for me was hard but i'm back to being me, i have been back to work for the past 3 months and while working T don't even bother me, i am back to the gym 3 times a week, chiropractor once a week and living life like i use to, i still got my ear plugs and keep my distance from loud music and certain foods that may cause t too spike but overall my T has been good... mind over matter i guess, still dont know what the cause of me getting T but i'm alive and well......have not used any masking for the past 3 months but i carry it everywhere i go just incase.....my sleep is 8 + hours sleep through the night without meds or sleep aids i get up to pee and off to sleep i go.... keeping myself busy is what helps with T. focusing on it will not help but make it worse i have noticed.... all i can say is that we all here have this T why i dont know i pray that there will be a cure soon for all of us to have silence once again... good night and God bless.....

• Optimistic Optimistic x 5
      • Like Like x 4
      • Winner Winner x 2
    2. Jack Tate
      Balanced

Jack Tate Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2013

Hi "Aloha" This is really inspiring! I've had T for 6 months, real bad inner ear infection. Was super bad first few months.
      I use music therapy...natural healing... indeed focusing on it does make it worse. I have a few days of almost zero now. Bad days are now 3-4-5....I sleep well now no meds or aids ! Awesome to read this! keep it up gave me hope! pray for a cure for us all, and all that suffer from anything not normal :) busy as a bee keeps T away! thank you for posting this!

what foods bug you?

3. I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Good for you!
      Nice to hear your inspirational story.

4. Jill Edmonds
      Artistic

Jill Edmonds Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/12/2003
      I would like to know what foods bug you too?
      For me it is tomatoes, spices, green and red peppers and any kind of packaged deli meat.
      It makes for a pretty bland diet.
      Oh and salty food is a killer - I think I must have a healthy BP and kidneys!!

• Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      tomatoes, :oops: spicy foods:depressed: mayo :nailbiting: chinese foods:sour: other than that i pretty much eat what ever, what the key is to not think that what ever you eat will make your T worse. when doing that you are already telling your brain " hey after you eat that you will have louder ringing" then you will focus on that waiting for the T to get louder which it will cause your focusing and waiting for that to happen " (makes sense) ?Any ways i just enjoy a little here and there i don't let T get the best of me i did that for the first 4 months :banghead: now i'm living life :rockingbanana::rockingbanana:lol i do have salt but it's limited big time..... :eek:
      i am not going to hide myself away from everything :bag: life is too short.... I think everyone with T are health freaks now lol we just want to try to find anything to make this ringing stop right:dunno::D... but we change for the GOOD:p ......

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    6. Roger

Roger Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2013
      Great to hear Christine. Mine started around the same time. Cant believe it'll be a year in a few months. Anyhow, I'm doing the same things as you. Getting on with life, work , family, fitness, happiness. My t goes up and down in cycles, but these days when it's noisy, all the old drama, and worry, seems to have just got bored, got up and left. It's just noisy. Then a day or so later, its quieter. I think in terms of "noisy or quiet", not "bad or good".

There doesn't seem to be anything at all I can do to influence it's volume - nothing related to food, drink, activity, sleep- nothing. External sounds, noisy or not, make no difference, but strangely I really quite like the noise of an occasional vacuum cleaner, grinder, siren or other ear piercing noise.

Anyhow, the t just gets on with its thing, and so do I. Silence though, just once in a while would be lovely.

All the best. R

• Agree Agree x 1
    7. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      Christine
      Great to hear the good news! What kind of masking do you use?

Mark

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      i have a sound hearing aid which plays white noise come with a remote which i can use to turn up sound or change the tone.. love it... i can even sleep with it with know distractions and know on knows i have it on.....

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      yes that would be so nice to just hear nothing,, i pray we all get a cure... soon..

10. mikey13
      Mellow

mikey13 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/ 2014
      LOL! we all never knew how blissful silence was before this!!!

glad to hear you're doing much better! yeah,I'm at that point too. it's always with me, but when it acts up or I hear it more, i don't panic or get stressed anymore. it's like "whatever" and just keep on doing what i was doing.

11. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
      Aloooooha,
      Great success story from you, Christine. Mahalo for sharing it with us. It is nice to recover from the horror of T at the beginning. Now you can again truly enjoy the sunshine in Hawaii, the blue sky, green/blue ocean, beautiful beaches and the wonderful sunsets. What a magical place! The heck with T.

• Like Like x 1
    12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      christine kauhane
      Sunshine

christine kauhane Member

Tinnitus Since:
      june 9th 2013
      Yes billie48 hawaii has been my home since birth and i love it ...

• Like Like x 2