MEGA TINNITUS

Discussion in 'Support' started by I who love music, Mar 2, 2014.

1. Joe Bananas
      No Mood

Joe Bananas Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      5/10 seconds of a guy beating a crash cymbal at 100cms from my head were enough for me. T since one month. It goes, it comes. Day On, day Off. No pure tone T. Ebullition tea pot whistle. Crickets. Electric activity. One ear, other, both, "in my brain". Fluctuates continuously. Am I a fool if I expect it to fade?
      A TRUE music lover in here.

• Hug Hug x 1
    2. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      was it a B3?

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      A C3 - leslie and all

4. Robert44

Robert44 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud concert
      cool. I have a B3 and 2 leslie cabinets

5. Nucleo

Nucleo Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2011
      Look into enrolling in he AM-101 trial.

6. JohnnyMx
      Sunshine

JohnnyMx Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Apr/2013
      Hi fellow,

How are your headache and stress problems going now?

I've now neutralized my T, it does not bother me anymore.

I also think my stress and anxiety are the culprits of my chronic head, temple and neck pain. (I don't have panic attacks, but I'm an hyper active type of guy, makes me alot of anxiety)

About the friend that asked you WHY YOU GOT BETTER just in 1 year, when you were in problems for so many decades... I think I know the answer.... I have had tinnitus since highschool (around 15 years old). At 28 it increased so bad that started to be a nightmare. I was in depression for almost 2 years. But once a settle up my mind and reactions, it only took me a couple of months to stop being a walking death.

Once you work your mind, your feelings, and your expectations from the future, T is not a problema anymore (at least for me).

I have a dog whistle sound, I can hear it over the T.V., music, and somedays over almost anything, but it does not bother me anymore. I'm focusing now more in my chronic pain... it is a pain in the *ss because regular pain killers does not work. But my learnings about managing my Tinnitus helped me tremendously to manage my pain.

Regards!

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      I who love music
      Cheerful

I who love music Member

Tinnitus Since:
      mid seventies
      Ya, it's great not being bothered by T anymore.
      I had evil headaches that always started in my neck and went up around my temple and eye. I was treated for years for clusters and migraine variants. All those drugs probably didn't help the T any.
      After about 20 years they went away. It's weird. My dad, grandpa, and great grandpa all had this. My dad has T too, worse than mine listening to his description of it.

8. Vincent777
      Supportive

Vincent777 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      25/12/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced after a rock concert where I played
      Man... This makes me seriously worried and a bit depressed... :\ I've had T since 25th of December last year and I'm considering buying two custom hand made guitars just for me because I thought I could continue playing with custom built earplugs and these active earmuffs: http://solutions.3m.com/wps/portal/...eadset?N=7576577+3294363900+3294857473&rt=rud

And of course everybody in the band is going to be as quiet as possible. Also was considering active or electronic earplugs.

Guitars are going to be super sweet but I don't know if I should buy them now because what's the worth if I can't play in a band? Maybe just buy one, to make things even harder for me to decide the guy who is making them is giving me 50 % discount on both of them but only if I order them this month. :p

The one that's more metal sound oriented was going to have purple or dark red flame maple cap similar to this one: 8FauS7M.jpg

Thank you for the warning I who love music!

9. DudeMannDude
      Spaced

DudeMannDude Member

Tinnitus Since:
      unknown
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Man, that sounds horrendous. I am glad your tinnitus settled back down to "normal" though.

But on a different note, I do not understand musicians that play that loud. Seriously, marshall stacks, monitors, miked drums, and what ever else just to JAM? How can you even hear anything when it is that loud?

10. jeanoroid
      Yeehaw

jeanoroid Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud Music / headphones
      I get this after a gig. It usually winds down in an hour - then residual shrillness maybe a day or two after if I get hit with high volume without my ear protection.

11. Jacob83
      Balanced

Jacob83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I <3 punk rock and metal
      Damn, I just came across this thread and it scares the shit out of me. I was thinking about going to a hardcore punk show on Halloween with strong earplugs and going outside every 10 minutes or so for 10 minutes or so. No way in hell am I going now. Screw Halloween, I'm sitting at home with my cat and low volume music. A lady friend who is empathetic to my T said she'd come over after the show if I wouldn't go, anyway.

12. Jomo

Jomo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      9/4/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      going for a rim shot on the snare drum.
      damn man smh....as a drummer and new to T with a mild case...even with those sound proof headphones its not enough? I figured those were even better than ear plugs...I guess I can go electric but how the hell does lars ulrich do it? There has to be a way...the drums is a part of me...getting together with friends and playing is something i cherish...smh

13. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      @Jomo i have no idea how lars does it but whenever i listen to metallica i think about how he continues. I am sure i read that james and kirk also have it.

14. Jacob83
      Balanced

Jacob83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I <3 punk rock and metal
      I heard an interview with Dave Grohl on Marc Maron's podcast and he said all he can hear is his tinnitus when asked about the difference between analog and digital, and that guy seems on top of the world in happiness. No clue how they do it

15. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      Dave Grohl also has tinnitus?? Well i am not surprised but never heard him mention it.

16. Jacob83
      Balanced

Jacob83 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2000
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I <3 punk rock and metal
      • Informative Informative x 1
    17. squeek

squeek Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise impact/maybe seaborn
      When someone does that in the office, I'm running around with hands clasped around my head. It's a killer noise.

I wish scientists would hurry up with head-swap operations.