Meniere's Disease

Discussion in 'Support' started by Teri, Jul 19, 2014.

1. hopeful4future

hopeful4future Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun Shot
      So then would you probably relate what I have going on to stress and anxiety? Since I’ve had the hearing loss and tinnitus for a long time?

2. hopeful4future

hopeful4future Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Gun Shot
      Was your no referring to tinnitus and hearing loss does not lead to Ménière's? Thanks. Really struggling with the tinnitus hoping the dizziness and lightheadness is just from stress and anxiety.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      @glynis
      I have a question about hearing aids. Are there any hearing aids that are recommended for Meniere's suffers? My hearing loss fluctuates and I am not sure what would work well. Hearing in my left ear is the worst with low frequency loss. When I turn the phone volume up, it sounds like Micky Mouse.

What are your thoughts?

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi @Teri,
      Dual purpose hearing aids might be the best. They are set to your hearing needs.
      Also Cinnarizine 15mg can help reduce a spike as it states it can help reduce tinnitus for people with Meniere's.

love glynis

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Teri
      Caffeine

Teri Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      4/2014
      I will research dual purpose hearing aids...thanks. Will heari g aids help with distorted sounds such as the "micky mouse" sounding voices or the muffled sounds even when the tv volume is up?