Meniere's Like Symptoms and Steroids

Discussion in 'Support' started by Jkph75, Mar 20, 2016.

1. Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      About 3 weeks ago, I woke up to very loud tinnitus. Over the next week and a half my symptoms progressed to ear pressure, feeling like I couldn't hear, dizziness, and vertigo. I had headaches and these weird tingling sensations. I felt so sick almost like my body was malfunctioning. Then we started a low dose steroid pack and started to feel better. Every time I took it I could feel it helping a couple hours later. A couple days after stopping the pack my symptoms came back again starting the same as they did before with loud tinnitus and reduced hearing. I started another steroid this time of a higher dosage. A couple hours later I had no symptoms. Even my tinnitus is lower. I feel completely normal.

Does anyone know what could cause this? I can't take steroids forever but they are obviously the cure for what ails me. If I am not on them I will decompensate quickly. ENT at first said possible Meniere's but I am not having episodes I just get progressively sicker.

Any help would be appreciated.

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Steroids can help reduce tinnitus and Menieres.
      I'm on them at the moment as my asthma is bad and the steroids definatly reduce my tinnitus but long term can cause bone problems.
      My steroid inhalers though don't quieten my ears only when need oral ones for my breathing but not given for my tinnitus.....enjoying having a week of quiet days ....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Jkph75

Jkph75 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/27/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Thanks. It's not really like things are reduced with them. It's more like I'm really sick without them and healthy when I take them. My body must need them for some reason. I am just trying to figure out what could be wrong.