Merry Xmas... Buzzing, Literally

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by DerbyDave, Dec 26, 2017.

1. DerbyDave

DerbyDave Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      So please excuse my gallows humour, I'm not trolling. I've had this buzzing sound in my right ear for around 4 or 5 weeks. It only occurs when I'm surrounded by total silence....AKA in bed. If there's sound, even the sound of the fan from my PC, or standing in the shower, it goes. In fact, once I get outside or start walking, it vanishes. Even moving my head from side-to-side makes it go away. I used to be able to put an ear plug in and it'd go. But it's got to the point where I now can't sleep because I have this constant low to mid bass sound in that ear. I can even change the pitch of the sound! Only between 2 notes though.

So, anyway, that's my introduction.

2. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      You are now at a point that some people take a year to get to. It sounds like your original injury was very light.

You can use sound enrichment (or just a fan) in your bedroom to help you sleep. It seems to me that chances are you will get to hear silence again sometime in 2018.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. Sam Bridge

Sam Bridge Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music/gigs probably
      My t has also always been similar to this, a hum. Never a high pitch squeal.