MicroTransponder: Latest News and Research

Discussion in 'Research News' started by erik, Jul 3, 2012.

1. LadyDi
      Busy

LadyDi Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Barotrauma/airplane
      Yeah, my guess was they were anti-Ds or meds for anxiety. And a lot of people with tinnitus take those, so that's an issue.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. SISKO
      Suicidal

SISKO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Hi guys

Are u aware of latest news? It sounds like a bit success - The trials in Belgium. check their website.

3. II Packy II
      Doubtful

II Packy II Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      4/10 is nice, but still a far cry from where we should be.

4. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      link? im on mobile

5. Hudson
      Cowboy

Hudson Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      As I've said before, 4/10 is hardly a representative statistical sample. The purpose of a Phase 1 clinical trial is to establish safety guidelines, not efficacy anyway. Usually they narrow the scope of their Phase II clinical trials once they gain some insight into the treatment anyway. I wouldn't be surprised if their Phase II numbers are better.

6. James White
      Anime

James White Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      April 2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Maybe loud music. Not sure.
      From their latest article, it's interesting to note that they measured some kind of improvement from 2h/day for 20 days, which sounds like a "treatment".

Compared to notched music therapy that needs like 2h/day or more for 1 year to notice some improvement. 20 days is a good time frame to start working on changing parameters, etc...

7. SISKO
      Suicidal

SISKO Member

Tinnitus Since:
    8. t-man
      Suicidal

t-man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      They have also noticed that psychoactive drugs can have a negative effect on their treatment, an observation that will most certainly be considered when starting phase two trials.

9. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013

Don't be on other meds and you have 100% success rate!

10. II Packy II
      Doubtful

II Packy II Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Well, that in of itself is the issue. I want this to work more than anyone, especially considering I live in Oklahoma, just north of Texas. But you can't be on medication? That is impossible anymore.

11. t-man
      Suicidal

t-man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      What? I'm willing to get off the anit-d's.

12. SISKO
      Suicidal

SISKO Member

Tinnitus Since:
      I Would like to know if they found some bio marker something which can predict some chance of success. On the other hand , for which kind of tinnitus patients this therapy would help ? Noise / trauma because funded from the government - thinking about army ... Has anybody some contact to them ? Makku ?

13. t-man
      Suicidal

t-man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      This therapy is designed for people who suffered from noise trauma.

14. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      why is that impossible, i havn`t taken a single pill, not even for the flu in more than 10 years?

I don`t even get vaccinated and travel the world ...

people should stop believing the pharmaceutical maffia and take better care of themselves through diet and positive thinking. Not talking about you specific, don`t know your situation but I see alot of people around me that I just want shake till they wake up out of there pharmaceutical slumber ... they throw health and empowerment away.

• Agree Agree x 2
    15. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      no offense here, but I don't approve of that, that's just dangerous. Think about it, where I live we didn't have diseases like Poliomyelitis, Pertussis and other lethal diseases for years and now they are coming back because many parents don't care about getting their children vaccinated anymore so now again people and especially children are dying or in case of polio are paralysed for the rest of their lives even though we have the vaccinations against that. It's as if we had a cure for Tinnitus and you wouldn't use it because you are afraid of the "pharmaceutical mafia". BTW that really does mean if we had something in form of medication/a drug against T, you wouldn't trust the pharma industry and take it, right?

• Agree Agree x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    16. NeoM
      Moonlighting

NeoM Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/31/2013
      The microtransponder seems too invasive for me. I would rather try TRT or Neuromonics or even a pill before having something permanently implanted in me.

17. Robb
      Question it

Robb Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Neo I think the same about it..

18. II Packy II
      Doubtful

II Packy II Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2012
      Death is better than torture. I have no fear of invasive surgery if it means a lease on life

• Agree Agree x 1
    19. t-man
      Suicidal

t-man Member

Tinnitus Since:
      It must be nice having "T" that manageable. I'll allows them to cut up my brain if necessary.

Also, they take the device out after the therapy is over.

20. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      I meant what i said, that we give away our health because of our own personal choices in diet, habits and believes ... that`s all ... you interpret however you want it. And I have n`t taken a pill in ten years and i`m healthy so how can you say that it is dangerous ... don`t read me in black and white but find the essence. I know what your saying and offcourse there are certain situations ... nevertheless if people want to believe all the crap doctors and the Phrama industrie tell them that`s their choice and we see the result of it every day.

• Like Like x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    21. Valentin

Valentin Member

Tinnitus Since:
      17/08/2013
      i'm also aginst pills most of the time, expecially for regular illnesses.

take this medecine, it'll go away in a week, don't take anything and wait a week, you'll be healed.

when it comes to vaccines, i'm in favor of them only for deadly illnesses like tetanus.

22. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Seal did you know it is a fact (and please google it) that twice as many children died from getting Polio because of being administered the vaccine (which is getting the actual disease injected into your body btw!) than children getting `wild` polio that were not vaccinated? ... this is exactly what I mean ... people keep listening and believing lies and taking them for truths instead of finding out for themselves ... you say how dangerous it is but how do you even know it is? just because you listen to the media and take what they say as truth. and this goes for alot of other vaccines too ... if you really interested read the text on this website, it is in dutch but you can google translate it if you like.

http://www.ahealthylife.nl/medisch-...aarom-hij-zijn-kinderen-niet-laat-vaccineren/

23. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Nills,first of all, I have not said anything against not taking pills have I? I myself do very rarely take any medication, because mostly you don't need it, I agree with you on that. :) I did however take antibiotics when I had Pneumonia etc. because otherwise I would be dead by now.
      I really only did disagree with you in regard of the vaccination. Still I just don' get why you are looking for a cure then? Because you would have to trust medical industry which you are not willing to do. Or would you then make an exception and take the drug?
      About the Polio: How can you know how many children died of "wild" polio? do you really think syria and india and other poor countries make a list? I don't think so. You only know the facts of countries that vaccinate against Polio so how many would die, if we didn't vaccinate? You see the point? In Germany where I live there have been only 6 deaths all together in regard of Polio since 1961 - which is due to the fact that you can get vaccinated. BTW polio really isn't so much of a lethal disease,so it's not the best example, most infected people survive with or without vaccination but most of them are crippled and paralyzed afterwards. I actually know a father of a friend who immigrated from Italy when he was a child ( you didn't get vaccinated there then ) and he can't move most of his right side. Of course he did learn to live with it and it's ok, but a single vaccination would made him not have it, he could move like anybody else if he had gotten that shot. I just can repeat it, it is if there had been a shot not to get Tinnitus and we would have not taking it...
      maybe if you want to answer something to me or explain your side to me, you can leave me a private message, because I think we are beginning to take over poor eriks micro transponder thread and now I feel bad about it, or maybe Markku will move us to an off topic thread or something :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    24. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      Ok pills can be both good and bad for you.

More microtranspondee news and thoughts; GO!

• Agree Agree x 1
    25. jes
      Familiar

jes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      I can understand that this is only for tonal one tone tinnitus.Mine is a broader wistle.
      I think the princip is the same as mutebutton.But here is no operation.

26. Erlend
      Question it

Erlend Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2013
      What makes you think it's only for tonal T?

• Agree Agree x 1
    27. Meestijn
      Balanced

Meestijn Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      That is one of my recent thoughts too... works this microtransponder for tonal T only or for broadband alike T as well?

28. daedalus

daedalus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2007
      Long ago, i discussed with one of the physicians overseeing the first trial and he told me it was for tonal tinnitus only.

29. Meestijn
      Balanced

Meestijn Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2013
      One option less :(. Not that I was considering yet this invasive method but when my T will become unbearable it could have been an option!
      Are there any threatments options/developments anyway out there for broadband alike T?
      And I do not mean TRT, CBT, etc...?
      I believe not which saddens me...

30. jes
      Familiar

jes Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2012
      I talked to the lady from HIFU its kontroversial but I read it could also take hyperakustic,perhaps ill give it a try.
      expensive,but I hate my t now that it is much worse after a hearinglos from a flu.I have tryed to talk to mutebutton,they wil not talk.