Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Flare Up

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Megan Henry, Oct 20, 2021.

1. Megan Henry

Megan Henry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      MENIERE'S
      Hey everyone. I had very mild, barely noticeable tinnitus for 2 years due to Meniere's disease and up until I received the 1st dose of the Moderna vaccine when it skyrocketed.

My tinnitus used to be a 2/10 now it's 8/10. I'm beside myself. It's been 1 month and I want to die. I feel like I'll be this way forever. I can't sleep even with a sound machine. I hope this goes back to be baseline.

Can anyone going through a similar situation tell me a success story with this? Please tell me this returns to baseline.

• Hug Hug x 8
    2. Matchbox
      Wishful

Matchbox Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Induced, Prednisone (drones), Barotrauma (distortions)
      What did your tinnitus sound like before and what does it now?

A ton of people report worsening off the vax with tinnitus, especially if there's already smth wrong vascularly in their ears.

Some report fading at about 6 months but I'd be inquiring about steroids if you noticed it suddenly got worse and isn't dying down. the mRNA isn't going anywhere, you'll still make antibodies.

3. Leila
      Daring

Leila Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      1 chiropractic treatment, 2 and 3 no cause
      Hello @Megan Henry, unfortunately, I haven't got a success story to share with you but I'd still like to say hi and how sorry I feel that the shot you received had such a horrible effect on tinnitus. I'm crossing my fingers and toes that it will go back to the level you're used to really, really soon!

• Hug Hug x 1
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    4. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      You emailed me on the Ménière’s forum! I had the same thing happen. I’m so scared it’s been 8 months and it hasn’t resolved. Antibodies were still high 2 months ago.

• Hug Hug x 1
    5. Wrfortiscue
      Cowabunga

Wrfortiscue Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Trauma
      When does it die down?

6. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      Eventually the immunity will wane, but when? And even if it does, has permanent damage already been done?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    7. Lane

Lane Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Single 25 mg dose of (anticholinergic) drug Promethazine
      Is it assumed that it's the antibodies that cause/worsen tinnitus? I myself wouldn't necessarily make that assumption, though it could well be accurate.

• Like Like x 1
    8. Brian P

Brian P Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Ménière’s disease
      I think it’s the inflammation and/or creates an autoimmune disorder. I’m just guessing though. Every friend of mine that got the vaccine that has mild tinnitus has been fine. I have an underlying inflammatory condition which may explain my reaction. It could also be tiny blood clots forming in the ear but I doubt it. I would assume if it were blood clots, other sensitive organs should suffer, like the eyes.

• Helpful Helpful x 1