"Mon Petit Nitus" — My Tinnitus Journey Diary!

Discussion in 'Support' started by Blodorn, Jun 23, 2019.

1. Blodorn
      Bored

Blodorn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      WARNING: This diary has been created by a French fellow, please excuse his chaotic English :ROFL:

("Mon Petit Nitus" means "My Little Nitus" in French. That's how I decided to call my new friend because "Petit Nitus" sounds like tinnitus in english! (Tinnitus is Acouphène in French!)

Hello everyone! Instead of creating a lot of threads, I decided to open a diary where I could write all my feelings!

I need a place to share my feelings and my journey through the tinnitus phenomenon. Feel free to react as much as you want, and I'll be happy to talk with you :)

Here comes my first entry:

D+20 after acoustic trauma.

My tinnitus is quiet today (2 to 3/10).

-I discovered that turning my head to the extreme left and right affect my tinnitus.

-My tinnitus did also become more distant. Like it is a bit further from me. Even in silent places.

-The tinnitus fluctuates. It's going up and down and up and down every 5 seconds. Like the sound of a a soda bottle.

-Bad moment of the day: When I opened my eyes this morning, my ears were so stunned, I felt underwater, couldn't hear well for 3 minutes, but all went back to normal after this.

-My hyperacusis is still here, but mild, I can live normally, my ear only reacts to objects that fall on the ground.

-Anxiety of the day: After my bad moment this morning, I started to be afraid of becoming deaf.

-Had my first spike today, It lasted 5 seconds haha, apparently a fleeting tinnitus. I was just watching TV at a decent volume.

See you guys! Wish you the best. :thankyousign: