Moringa! It's a Tree!

Discussion in 'Alternative Treatments and Research' started by calin, Sep 7, 2012.

1. Karen
      Talkative

Karen Manager Staff Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      First time: Noise 2nd Time: Ototoxic drug
      Erik --- That's a good sign! I've been having some low T days lately (relatively speaking), too. I really think the Moringa may be what's doing this; I can't think of anything else I'm doing that's different.

Please do keep us posted on your progress!

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hi guys!

Thanks for the feedback on the lower volume.

I hate to give my observations as I have plenty of "low or no T" hours and days.

I did not take all my other supplements as of yesterday. .... Just the Moringa (leaves, fruit and seeds). Got to say... the T is keeping really low. I am also drinking rooibus tea all day long.

The other supplements were things that we are told will help the T. Well, have to say.... they didn't!!!! ;) Boy, I have spent so much money on T stuff. Some things I am good with like the EMF protection and the shower head. but these supplements can be tiresome and expensive.

I don't know if I will start taking a couple or two again in a day or so.... taking it day by day.

3. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Calin -- That's good news about you, too. I'm glad your T is staying so low!

And, I feel your pain about the supplements; the same thing is true for me. I've been taking all these supplements that are supposed to help my T, plus my blood pressure, plus my adrenals. I'm getting really tired of taking all these and want to simplify!

I've only been drinking the rooibois tea once a day, so I'm pretty sure the Moringa is what's working for me. The systemic enzymes have helped, too. I'm now taking a different brand --- MediZym --- and am taking 6 per day of those.

Will continue to post how things are going with the Moringa. Thanks for letting us know about this!!!

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I stopped the systemic enzymes a while ago. Glad they seem to be helpful for you.

I'm thinking that with all the nutrients in the moringa, one shouldn't have to take supplements. And, the moringa is bio-available.

Karen, your welcome.. I do like to share!

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Since moringa is basically a food source, I have been trying to find the dosage for capsules.

I found the following from this site: http://www.ilovemoringa.com/How-To-Eat-Moringa-Leaf-Powder.html

Moringa leaf powder can be added to just about anything you eat. It is extremely versatile, but just remember - it is a FOOD, not a MEDICINE! Consequently, we cannot offer a "recommended" dosage.

However, we can tell you, that it takes roughly seven pounds of fresh Moringa leaves, to make one pound of Moringa leaf powder. 7 lbs. fresh = 1 lb. ground and dried. Most people we have spoken with, customers or acquaintances, use between 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon daily. Some people use a lot more than that. Your body is your best indicator, and since dried Moringa leaves make a very "potent" powder, we recommend that you go s-l-o-w-l-y. Start out with a small amount, and increase it daily.

Seven pounds of freshly harvested Moringa leaves when dried, yield about one pound of Moringa leaf powder
      Any easy way of looking at it, is:1 tablespoon equals about 7 tablespoons of the fresh leaves.

Someone on a forum makes his own capsules from the powder in bags. He takes 10 caps a day. This is what he said.....

"10 tabs at 500 mg each is 5000 mg which equals about 1 teaspoon. Personally, I'm getting about 2.5 tsp in 20 caps. Way below a Tablespoon so no. Less than recommended which is 1-2 TBL."

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I am going to now take my emergen-c multi vitamin + packets again today with moringa. I am gradually increasing the moringa capsules as suggested.

8. erik
      Cool

erik Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      My T has been pretty low past 3 days, very nice in fact.

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I am up to 8 capsules today. Didn't have the usually sleepy tendency mid day.

10. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Calin, Karen how's you T been while taking Moringa?

11. joe

joe Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2011
      I think you would get more benefit from consuming Black Beans, the minerals & vitamins mentioned above for Moringa can all be obtained by a healthy diet comprising of fresh veg, fruits, natural yoghurt and organic meats.

12. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Keeping low erik. In bed is when I notice it more.

I am going to take 9 today. 3/3/3

Has your low T period retained?

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Do they have all the essential amino acids? Black beans that is...

14. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Calin, it was low a good 3 days in a row, then a bit higher yesterday and for some reason today it's even louder, not sure why but I push on knowing a good day is around the corner.

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Anything change... ie, food, sweeteners, stress, exercise (more or less), etc?

16. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My T was low for the about the first 3 days; then, for some reason, it got much higher, especially at the end of the day (which is usually my worst time of day). It was pretty bad last night.

We have had a change in the weather here in Atlanta, and I think that may have had something to do with it. Barometric pressure changes seem to affect my tinnitus.

I had tried upping my dose of Moringa to three per day, but that seemed like too much, so I'm back to two per day.

I also take 6 - 8 Medizym capsules per day (systemic enzymes), which is also supposed to help tinnitus. I'm also taking Emergen-C, COQ10, fish oil, vitamin b12, vitamin d3, magnesium, green coffee bean extract, and melatonin.

17. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      Karen, I also had 3 low days in row followed by 2 louder, now today so far, has gone back to low. I will continue to take a couple moringa day.

18. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's that mysterious fluctating tinnitus again! Who knows if the supplement was what caused this; both of us may just be among those who will have fluctuations no matter what.

I do remember that I had a similar experience when I took vinpocetine. At first, my tinnitus seemed better; then, all of a sudden, a few days later, it got much worse. I blamed it on the vinpocetine, and discontinued it. Maybe that would have happened anyway, though.

This time around, I'm going to keep taking the Moringa, because I believe it does have a lote of beneficial properties. Same with the MediZym; I'm still taking that, as well.

Thanks for the update! I'll keep updating, too. Here's to quieter times!

19. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Mine seems more consistent low as opposed to moments of quiet/ very low.

20. erik
      Cool

Tinnitus Since:
      04/15/2012 or earlier?
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Most likely hearing loss
      mine is low again today which is nice. So this week I have had 3 low in a row, two loud and 2 low now. what is different for me this week, besides the Moringa, is that I am more conscious about MSG/Sulfites and have worked hard to reduce/eliminate as much as I could which is not an easy task considering MSG and it's 40 hidden siblings are in almost everything but it is worth it to keep T this reduced if this indeed MSG is a trigger for me and one that I can control most of the time. I would have to test this a few more weeks to see if it holds true.

21. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Erik, Calin, that' s great! I'm glad this is working so well for both of you.

I am having a good day today, too. I may try to take the Moringa a total of 3 times today, to see how it does.

I've also been drinking rooibos tea, more than once a day, which seems to help. I've cut out all artificial sweeteners from my diet, which may have been a trigger for me.

Also, I was in a 5K walk today, which has kept my blood pressure nice and low. That also helps!

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Great Erik and Karen! Any relief is a step forward to sanity! ;)

This week I used Manuka honey in my rooibus tea and avoided all sweeteners too Karen.

I am up to 10 moringa a day now. 4 in the am, 4 in the aft and 2 in the evening. I sleep well!

Erik, you have got me paranoid about the food I am ingesting... reading all labels. hahaha

23. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Calin --- Do you think the Moringa and the rooibos tea are helping with sleep, or is it because your T is so much quieter now? Good for you, for cutting out the artificial sweeteners; I think they're just bad for our health in general.

I'm having another good tinnitus day, with my T being much lower again! The only problem is, I'm still having trouble with insomnia. I took 3 Moringa yesterday, and am going to cut back to 2 today to see if that helps with the sleep. Don't know what else to do --- I take magnesium before bed, plus melatonin. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't!

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      Hi Karen!

Glad to hear about a good T day!

I took 3 moringa (the last of the 10 a day) before bed. sleep very well.

I stopped taking liquid melatonin after I had a very bad dizzy spell that night. I took it for too long I think.

I often see reports that one should take a break from certain things. I figured the melatonin was one of them.

The moringa doesn't have that affect on me... ie,. not sleeping.

I only am taking emergen-C (the high vitamin C one) and the 10 a day of moringa. I still drink plenty of rooibus tea. Both seem to be keeping the edge off so to speak.

I like rain, so I play the 99 cent cd of thunder and rain all night. I got it from You tube link. That helps I think.

25. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Yes, it's a good thing you stopped taking the liquid melatonin; I'll bet it was a little scary having that dizzy spell.

I'm trying to stay away from sleeping pills and other prescription drugs, so I might try taking something else for awhile for sleep,too. I was taking a combination over-the-counter pill for awhile, that contained valerian root. I may try that again, in place of the melatonin. A change might be good!

I'm glad the Moringa is working so well for you. It really does seem to work to quiet tinnitus, and I think it has been helping me with energy level (adrenals) and keeping blood pressure lower, too. Lots of nice side bonuses!

26. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      calin
      Inspired

calin Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Oct 2011
      I tried valerian root... can't remember what I used it for. maybe calming effect. It was a while ago though. I remember giving the supplement to someone else though.

I would be interested in knowing what you end up with and how it goes for you!

27. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Hi Karen,

Where did you get your Swanson Moringa from? The sites Ive found it on are US sites and the shipping costs are very high.

Thanks.

28. Karen
      Talkative

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi, Louise,

I got my Moringa at Swanson Vitamins, at: http://www.swansonvitamins.com/
      (I'm in the U.S.)

However, I thought I had seen another site that was in Europe --- maybe Germany --- that might cost you less. If I find it, I'll reference it here.

29. Louise

Louise Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      29/06/2012 worsened Jan 2017 & Dec 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Thanks Karen. I always seem to think people on here are in the UK :)

30. Pat

Pat Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2011
      Hi, Has anybody had any luck with Moringa?