Morse Code, Birds Chirping Tinnitus — Is That a Sign of Something Worse Coming in the Near Future?

Discussion in 'Support' started by Apolonia, Feb 25, 2018.

1. Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced, acoustic trauma
      Ok, so lately I have been experiencing some weird Morse code tinnitus very often. Just about now it even reminded me of a little bird chirping. It usually can be louder than everyday sounds but since it does not last very long and it is very short it does not bother me. However, I am worried bc it has developed in my right ear, which I consider to be more damaged than my left..... I am worried that this is going to be something bad...

Now, who has this and what do you think about this sound....?

Just to remind you, I have no obvious hearing loss and I have a noise induced tinnitus.....

Is it bad when tinnitus starts to sound like Morse code or birds chirping? o_O :/

For me it is usually a mix of white noise and that high pitched tone that everyone experiences.... So, when I hear this chirping or Morse code even over everyday sounds I don't know what to think....

2. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Tinnitus can vary with the sounds and intensities. It doesn't mean that it's a bad thing, if you are concerned....then possibly go see an ENT. Even I at times will get a new noise and I pay no attention to it. I just know that I have tinnitus and it sucks :)

• Genius Genius x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I don't think ENT will help me... I have seen three ENT-s and nobody knows nothing... I have habituated bc my brain got tired of tracking and listening to sound so it is just ignoring it like some background music... But, I still get worried when I hear this Morse code that really gets loud.... I was exposed to people yelling today so it could be from that... Who knows -.-

4. Aegaeon

Aegaeon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/08/17
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Diving
      It could be some sort of middle ear myoclonus if you have hyperacusis.

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I did have a bad hyperacusis as well, but now it got better... Could you please tell me more about myoclonus?

6. Romain B.

Romain B. Member

Tinnitus Since:
      10/2014
      Hi @Apolonia,

As far as i am concerned, i also got this morse code type tinnitus.. and i'm just 6 months in since onset. I would like to know if you get used to it now that time has past ?

Any update would be great :)

Thanks

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Apolonia
      Disappointed

Apolonia Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hi. My tinnitus still exists. The Morse code is not there anymore. It is just a long eeeeeee. However, my brain got used to it. I can live with this and sleep normally. I am still suffering from a mild hyperacusis although I do believe that H can be alleviated with good sleep and healthy food and of course earplugs. The most important thing for me is that I have accepted my condition and I can live my life. I am scared of things getting worse but now I am a little bit stronger and prepared better for it.

• Winner Winner x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    8. Soren Fogh
      Suicidal

Soren Fogh Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Explosive going of 1 meter from me.
      Hi I am experiencing the exact same symptoms but also my tinnitus reacts to other sounds. Almost any sound especially the sound of the wind or water flowing. I am only 3 weeks in, but it's quite bad atm, haven't really experienced any change. How is yours going ? I got mine from one loud firecracker a meter from me.

9. IvanRus

IvanRus Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity
      @Apolonia, it also began to "tweet the birds" in the ear, or rather "the chatter of the grasshoppers" - it's very much the sound that the grasshoppers emit sitting in the grass.

It was not for long. But after visiting the hairdresser with a loud trimmer, they reappeared and I cannot stand the sounds.

I regretted a thousand times that I went to this hairdresser.

I'm waiting for a treatment, researchers need to move their asses faster.

People are waiting for decades, in the hope of regaining their lives.

10. Lizzzard

Lizzzard Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have a similar symptom, I occasionally hear a soft sort of clicking sound on either side. I discussed with my chiropractor and she said the sound is a result of the fascia “ratcheting” or becoming tight. There is a spiral of fascia just under each ear. I don’t know if tight fascia has an effect on tinnitus, but because of the proximity to the ear, I wouldn’t be surprised if it did. I don’t yet know much about the fascia issue, but I have ben told it can be structural or it can be a reaction to certain foods.