Movie Theaters / Captain America

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zug, May 1, 2016.

1. Zug
      Woot

Zug Member Benefactor

Hey Guys, hope everyone is well. I'm coping a little better, been away from boards and getting back to my life.

I saw Captain America: Civil War this weekend and didn't know if I should wear my earplugs. At the previews I got 103.8 Db. with an Iphone app. I know those apps are not 100% acurate, but just in case I wore my plugs (took them off to have some popcorn, and then on again).

I don't want to become paranoid, but since I like action movies, I think I'll keep my earplugs on when I see those kind of movies.

And yes, it's a great movie. Much better than the Batman Vs. Superman thing! ;)

Best,
      Zug

• Helpful Helpful x 1
    2. Dave AUS
      Depressed

Dave AUS Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Too Loud Indoor Rock Concert
      I'm interested in this topic. After a year since T I went to the movies for the first time this week. I think the sound level app is reasonably accurate and for the movie "mother's day" it was around 63db. It didn't feel loud but I did take my earplugs with me and I am sure other movies like action would be louder than this one.

3. seal

seal Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2007
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Depends on the theater and the movie but you did the right thing. If it's an action movie with lots of shootings and explosions it's always saver to wear the ear plugs. Some movie theaters totally overdo it with the loudness too.
      If it's a smaller, quieter theater and let's say romantic comedy or something like that you can skip the plugs. At least that's what I do. But I always have them with me so in case I need them I have them

4. Lazypugfilms

Lazypugfilms Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/17/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Really depends. I always wear earplugs but i can tell there has only been one theater where it get too loud.

5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Glad you had a great time Zug,
      I always wear my plugs at the cinema .
      Love James Bond films.
      Should be going the cinema at the weekend .....lots of love glynis

6. Fangen
      Moonlighting

Fangen Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2nd, 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (loud concert for 1h)
      I saw Civil War yesterday (awesome movie btw), I always use ear plugs even though I think I could have taken them out. I just want to be safe and not be anxious of sudden noises (the movie have some battles of course) and sometimes it can be a loud bang here and there. But that is just me. I think sometimes the movie theater is way too loud than it have to be.

• Agree Agree x 1