MRI Cancelled — Again

Discussion in 'Support' started by light rain, May 16, 2017.

1. light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      MRI place called and cancelled due to machine being down. This is supposedly a brand new machine. I was supposed to have it done tomorrow morning. I got the confirmation call yesterday!

My previously scheduled MRI was cancelled when I went to another place for an open machine due to a paperwork snafu. The drs office was closed so they couldn't fax the form over. A form the Dr office said I didn't need in the first place. That was in March. It took this long to get an appt at this place because a new machine was being installed. There are few options here 3 machines two of which are at hospitals. I liked this outpatient place and felt comfortable going there. (Just scared about the test.)

At this point I am not sure if this is is a sign to not have this done. The reschedule isn't until June now. I have been so stressed about this and everytime I build my confidence up its been a rollar coaster.

I left a message for the ENT because he's been waiting for this test to see what to do. Vestibular therapy is done, I'm still dizzy with T and a HF hearing loss and not much farther along except for a lesson in managing anxiety.

Lynn

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Aww Lynn,
      That's a real shame and understand how you feel and your symptoms with dizziness too !
      Love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks. You've been so helpful I appreciate it.

I even bought earplugs yesterday to practice with. I hate putting them in. All this stress can't be helpful towards healing. Even the first time I asked is this really necessary. They practiced medicine before these scans. Lots of people don't even have them.

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      Please be patient, I know how you feel, really do. I have had multiple MRIs and i still get dizzy at times and i get brutal headaches as well. Try, not to worry. Your time for the MRI shall come and you shall be ok. I suffer from sinus headaches and it seems to get me mostly at night times when i am about to go to my martial arts class. I go to my classes if i have a headache or not. It's horrible and it just amplifys my tinnitus as well. I take a tylenol at times and thats how that goes...

Anxiety is a bad thing and i try my best to control it, but i have such LOUD tinnitus in both ears, its very hard to have a calm mind...

Be well...

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Thanks for the encouragement. I battle with anxiety but at least I battle I guess. Dr's office called today but I couldn't answer the phone in time. They call after hours so can't call them back. The nurse yesterday said he was not amused it got cancelled again so not sure if they are calling about that.

Glad to hear too your MRI s were OK. Its kind of scary knowing one test shows an issue but some others have mentioned they were fine too. I'm trying to read up on all things hearing and vestibular but a lot of things don't fit because there was no acoustic trauma. Its frustrating being between wanting to know but not at the same time. The new T level seems chronic and it seems the balance issue.might be too. But you have to keep looking forward and stay focused.

Thanks again
      Lynn

6. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      I fully understand you and your issue. I have been there trust me. I use to have very bad cases of vertigo in my younger years and i was forced to go to school by my dad with vertigo and i had it for 1 month. Walking up the stairs and functioning while the world was spinning was scary and draining. Do understand that you are not alone in this :)

7. fishbone
      Shitfaced

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It was my vertigo that eventually led to my tinnitus, so i fully get it...

8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Sorry to hear about your vertigo. It is horrible. I've only had a couple of truly spinning around episodes - years ago. Right now I'm tilting and didn't realize how draining it is constantly trying to maintain balance. It explains a lot about the fatigue.

Thanks

Lynn

9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      light rain

light rain Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      Just an update. My MRI was rescheduled for this morning. I didn't post anything asking for support because I was just going to focus on doing it. I started feeling panicky yesterday. I don't know why this test scares me so much. I really think I'm afraid of the loudness. Sound seems to affect my whole body. I'll physically jerk (less than convulse but far more than twitch) at loud noises and it can feel like a shock wave.

Anyway the place just called and cancelled. The tech is si k. So this is the third cancellation between 2 facilities I'm taking that as a sign this test will do more harm than good. I let them reschedule it yet again but I might ask to redo audiogram and see if any other tests can be done.