Music-Induced Tinnitus: Ear Fullness/Crackling in Ears/Loud High-Pitched Tone When Yawning

Discussion in 'Support' started by hannah bow, Nov 21, 2020.

1. hannah bow

hannah bow Member

Tinnitus Since:
      20/08/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud music
      Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I posted on here, but I'm feeling ever more concerned about my music induced tinnitus, and the doctors don't seem to be much help!

I've had tinnitus induced by loud music since 2017, and I have to say it has worsened over the years, from around a 1-2 out of 10, to a 7-8. I have protected my ears from all noise, which is why I'm wondering if there's something else that is causing the worsening in my tinnitus, it really feels like there is something more at play!

I experience ear fullness, whoosing sensations when I touch my cheek, a feeling of fullness in my head, crackling when I swallow and a loud high pitch tone when I yawn, also if I push my jaw forward the sounds get louder. It feels as though there is perhaps a blockage somewhere that is causing my tinnitus to worsen, I wonder if anyone else experiences these symptoms and if they have received any other diagnosis and has any suggestions to make it better? It just doesn't feel that music induced tinnitus should be reacting like this... but maybe I'm being naïve!

Any help/thoughts are appreciated :)

Thank you,
      Hannah

• Hug Hug x 4
    2. Blue28
      Doubtful

Blue28 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma from Microsuction
      Hi @hannah bow, the symptoms you describe sound very like the symptoms I have. My tinnitus and hyperacusis were caused by loud noise during a microsuction procedure. My tinnitus has worsened and I also have the fullness, crackling etc. I think all of these symptoms are the result of hearing damage caused by the noise. Possibly triggering cochlear hydrops. I too have protected my hearing but still these awful symptoms keep getting worse. Sorry I can't be more positive.