Musician Corner

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Lisa Lindel, Mar 3, 2013.

1. Lisa Lindel

Lisa Lindel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      7/2012
      Tell how your coping with your tinnitus.

2. Roger Cloutier

Roger Cloutier Member

Tinnitus Since:
      December 26, 2011
      I am not coping so well these past few weeks. I was doing a lot better in January and February, because I was enagaged in some activities which distracted me away from focusing on tinnitus all the time. That activity was music. I was afraid that playing music would exacerbate my symptoms but I don't believe it has. That is the tricky thing with tinnitus, I have Pulsatile Tinnitus, a roaring/whooshing variety, maybe it is different from other kinds. It wouldn't surprise me if it was knowing tinnitus. I joined a ''big'' band in the university, as well as a choir, these were big risks for me. In each of our situations, there is an explanation for having tinnitus, and maybe this is what is at my core, namely, not taking enough risks in my life. Remember tinnitus is a second cousin so to speak, it is something that comes to light as a result of something more primary, or another cause that precipitates tinitus such as stress. This is my case. My shrink believes that my stress level was very high, because of my job. Nightmares and sleep problems pointed to Post traumatic stress disorder, which led to PT. I don't know what the answers are, I'm sure most of us don't as well, that's why we seek out eachother, perhaps there is some gem or bit of info out there that shines or resonates for us.

Roger, whoosher from Canada

3. Tom Barry

Tom Barry Member

Tinnitus Since:
      constant since april 2012
      I play guitar in a couple of bands. Not alot anymore maybe between 25 to 30 times a year. My tinnitis never bothers me while I am playing and in fact I completely forget about it. At first I worried the music would make it worse but it hasn't.