MuteButton

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Jim, Jun 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
    1. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      40-50 percent reduction would be amazingg.. Would be interesting to see if this helps people more then am 101
      In a few years...

2. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      ho hum into my back pocket again........ acoustic cr neuromodulation tick .soundtherapy int tick acup tick tmj treatment tick spiritual healing tick osteopathy tick chiropractor tick scenar tick ete ete ete lol

3. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      I wish they would publish the results on there website already! What the hells taking them so long? I dont know why but i got my eye on this device... Looks like it could actually be something that helps with T..

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Id say this is basically going to be a huge flop Ireland has no experience with T research whatsoever and it hasnt even been mentioned anywhere on the news in Ireland not even T clinics here have mentioned it once so I wouldnt be too enthusiastic about it....although I could be wrong

5. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Will the results be from a trial they paid forl, run by them (so heavily biased) or is it from a properly run independent trial?

6. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Id imagine it would be done by them no hospitals or clinics take part in these kind of trials in Ireland because simply they dont care T isnt widely recognised in Ireland and having a hospital taking part would be seen as waisting taxpayers money

7. Steve
      Creative

Steve Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Flu, Noise-induced, Jaw trauma
      Checked their site and it doesn't say anything about how the trial will be done. Worst case is that they are conducting themselves and it is heavily biased, best is that it's properly controlled and independent.

Unfortunately unless it's a well designed independent trial it won't be reliable, the thing about companies is that it's in their interest to look as positive as possible for investors. They will never report a negative trial, or if they do they will spin any positive they can find within it.

• Agree Agree x 2
    8. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Found this amazing documentary called "The nature of things - The brain that changes itself"
      They use a similar system to re-wire the brain by impulses on the tongue.

One is a blind man seeing through electric impulses on his tongue conected to a camera (which is basic adaptation of this technology). Other one is a woman that lost her balancing part of the brain and became a "wobbler" and she also explaines how her head was filled with noise and that after she put in the device in her mouth she experienced a silence and peace ... so I think we can relate to their experiences. :) I`m watching it as we speak but wanted to tell you guys straight away. So i`m sure these people at Mutebutton got their juice from these kinds of experiments. They seem to work for certain conditions so... fingers crossed brain plasticity is going to be the effect of Mutebuttons inovative approach.

Couldn`t find the duco online yet, copied it from a friend, but the docu is based on finding by this writer and the book going by the same name:

Dr Norman Doidge. The brain that changes itself

If anyone can find it on youtube or somewhere else, please share

thanks

• Like Like x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    9. Markku
      Inspired

Markku Founder Staff Podcast Patron Benefactor Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2010
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Syringing
      • Like Like x 3
    10. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Found some second hand info that it will be available around August-September and costing will be around 700 euro, but don`t quote me on it, I was surprised to read it is actually not more than that. Let`s hope it isn`t.

11. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      I wanna see results from this... To they have any intentions on releasing more information on this before it comes out?

12. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      This mutebutton thing confuses me there hasnt been a single mention of this thing anywhere in Ireland yet even T clinics here havent heard of it.No mention in newspapers or the news even which raises concern as a device that claims to be an advanced treatment for T gets absolutely no mention in Ireland whatsoever??Were not exactly a huge country and the understanding of the T mechanisim here is basic to say the least so for a company like this to all of a sudden appear in Ireland is disconcerting indeed.It appears to me at least that good old Paddy Irish man is finally cashing in on the T market.As im Irish im going book an appointment with them to try gain some info on this device.I dont live too far from there office so this shouldnt be a problem.I will post updates from the meeting here with any info that may be useful.Best wishes Bill.

• Like Like x 1
    13. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Your lucky you live in ireland!!!! Not cause of mute button but its such a Beautiful country!

• Winner Winner x 1
    14. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Anyone who likes Ireland is a winner in my books hehe.Yeah its nice here if only the rain would stop!!Only been to the States once im ashamed to say but loved every bit of it.Amazing people there.Love the American attitude to Ireland most of them still think we live in mudhuts haha.I pulled out my i phone in front of my tour guide and she nearly died of shock!She just replied OMG you guys have cell phones in Ireland??She didnt know that cell phones had been introduced in Ireland yet haha.

15. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Sorry, this is off topic but I have to say it's funny that you should mention the cell phone thing. It's actually the other way around. America was for a long time very behind when it comes to cell phones. If you watch an american movie from ca 2008 or something, very often the characters in the movie has cellphones that we europeans had in the early 00's. :)

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    16. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Lol thats funny. Yeah americas okay and all.. Were kinda boring though we dont have those awsome accents like yous do :)

• Like Like x 1
    17. Balthazar

Balthazar Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/13
      I hope so, I've put aside 5 k for something I don't really expect to work..,

18. Mark McDill
      Curious

Mark McDill Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely stress, anxiety, an antibiotic and nsaids
      I watched the add and my gut reaction was 'gimicky'; it's so easy to put together razzle/dazzle on the web these days. Maybe there is something to it (that would be great) but I was conflicted as to why they were selling the product and offering clinical trials (limited trials at that) at the same time. Did I miss something?

• Agree Agree x 2
    19. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      I had the same gut feeling as you Mark it appears way too gimicky.Sure the video that explains how it works looks amazing but as of yet they have failed to prove that it actually does work.I wouldnt of normally commented on this thread as my expectations of this are low to say the least but seeing that im from Ireland im probably the only one who can get info straight from the horses mouth so to speak so I will be contacting them ASAP.

20. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      yeah man walk in there and ask them what`s the crack with this thing?! get the truth out of them, use force if you have to ;) ... anyway, I kind of have some hope left for this one ... maybe just because it`s gonna be the first thing out there for us to try next but if you look at the video markku posted up here there is something to this system of using the tongue as a brain feedback module for plasticity to take place. Although the use of the technique is completely diffrent and I think perception of sound or hearng is more intricate and harder thing to tweek it has proven it`s value for balance and sight ...

• Agree Agree x 1
    21. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Very good point Nills and I hope your right that it actually does prove beneficial and I will use force as necessary hehe I'll stick a flashlight in their face and use the old good cop bad cop routine on their a**.Haha "whats the crack with this thing"good to see someone familiar with the Irish lingo.:)

• Like Like x 1
    22. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Great news was talking to my uncle today and he mentioned mutebutton and was wondering would it be any good.So we began chatting about our opinions on it when he mentioned that a good friend of his works there!!The man in question actual lives very near by and my uncle has scheduled me an interview with him so will report all info from the interview on this thread.

23. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Oh and pm me Qs youd like me to ask him.

24. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Woohoo! Im sure youl ask all the very best questions! :)

25. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Ha im going to bombard him with questions but would like a few opinions on what to ask or what you think should be asked.He is a local man(I cant believe it,mutebutton staff living under my nose sneaky sneaky)and im going to meet him at his home during the week.Any opinions will be greatly appreciated.

26. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Your so lucky! Hopefully he gives you some positive information that you can bring back on to here and enlighten everyone ;) but hmmm questions i have may or may not already be answered but should it work on all types of T? Noise induced specifically.. What is the exact percentage of volume reduction Does it vary from person to person? Is this definally NOT another treatment that only helps with habuitation? .When are they going to release the results...is the guy on the homepage bradley cooper? Lol ( looks like him but didnt find anything on him having T) not important but curious.. When will it be released to the U.S if so? Sorry if some of these are already answered but id ask him again anyways lol

27. bill 112
      Fine

bill 112 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2012
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise exposure
      Nice one Grace will ask him all those questions for you....probably not the one about Bradley Cooper though lol screw it ill ask him anyway would be sooo funny if it was him lol:D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    28. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      Ahahah thanks! you dont have to just curious cause hes a cutie! But good luck!! :)

29. Frederick86

Frederick86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/2009
      I've just received a mail from them saying Mutebutton will be launched this September in Ireland/UK and soon after in the rest of Europe.

They didn't answer my questions about the need for matching frecuency (then being useful just for single tone T) and if duration of improvent increases with constant use (neural plasticity.)

I answered insisting they give some kind of answer to those questions, now let's see if they do.

• Like Like x 3
    30. nogood
      Procrastinating

nogood Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity/infection
      I hope this thing works..