My Cousin Is Now Panicking About Tinnitus

Discussion in 'Support' started by Ed209, Mar 13, 2018.

1. Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      I was round my cousins yesterday teaching her son guitar. She rang me last week to talk about the ringing in her left ear because she knows I’ve got tinnitus. She has realised no-one understands it like we do.

Anyway, yesterday I went round and she had tissue stuck deep in her ear because it’s making her paranoid. She said it’s been driving her mad and asked me how I cope. I already have other family members with this condition including my dad and another cousin. I calmed her down and told her to take the tissue out of her ear, and also told her to get some moulded ear plugs for noisy situations.

Tinnitus seems to follow me around.

• Hug Hug x 2
    2. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      It would be nice inherit some money or family’s jewels than tinnitus eh.....
      I wonder if it does actually run in your family? Does she know what caused it yet?
      It’s nice she can have somebody to relate to and give advice even though we would rather have something a lot nicer than T to have in common with family and friends.
      I’m sure she’ll get through this and hopefully won’t be permanent for her and she’s got somebody to give her advice and moral support.

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ed209

Ed209 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2015
      Possibly a genetic factor although my mom doesn’t have it at all and she shares the bloodline with the person I’m talking about. My other cousin who has it is more a cousin-in-law. He’s not directly related to me but is family.

Other than family I do know quite a few people with it.

• Agree Agree x 1
    4. Jcb
      No Mood

Jcb Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      December 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      possible TMJ, came on after severe cold and chest infection,
      Yeah possibly there so much we don’t know about it... still. it’s so strange though... I’ve know a few people who have it and never mentioned it to me until I said I had it. That shocked me a lot, I know it’s not something you want to talk about and they sound like they have habituated but I found that so alien that they hadn’t mentioned it before.

• Agree Agree x 1
    5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Ed209 ,
      You will be a great support for her as you give great support on here.
      So glad your there for her.
      Love glynis x

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    6. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      She is lucky to have direct access to some of the best T help in the world, so that's something she can be happy about.
      Unfortunately Tinnitus follows all of us around (I know what you mean - it's just a pun).

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. fishbone
      Shitfaced

fishbone Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      loud noise and very bad sickness
      In the loud and chaotic world we live in, it's no surprise how many people have tinnitus and how many will get tinnitus. Awareness needs to be out there, especially for the young children that are exposed to the super loud noises/activities that exist now. Everything is louder now and I hope our future generations take care of their ears.

• Agree Agree x 3
    8. threefirefour
      Peeping tom

threefirefour Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      5/15/16
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      140dB B R U H moment
      Honestly the only way forward is to focus on a cure or treatment. Nobody takes care of their ears enough until it's too late.

At least with every new sufferer, there's more demand for a cure.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Starthrower
      Wtf

Starthrower Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      January 2002
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Dental Surgery
      With you there to guide her hopefully she will avoid many of the situations we endured!

• Like Like x 1