My Hyperacusis Is Cured & I Barely Have Tinnitus Anymore

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by weab00, Nov 18, 2021.

1. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      Essentially, not only can stress perpetuate physical symptoms, it can also create them.

On the other hand, as you state, stress can also manifest itself via physical symptoms at sites where there was organic, structural damage. So you could have a broken ankle, which heals in a few weeks as it should, but then be left with pain that is induced by stress. Strange as it sounds, doctors of mind-body medicine believe the brain is so advanced that it can select areas of the body for physical manifestation of stress that are either symbolic or that make it harder to recognise that the symptom is, in fact, psychosomatic (psychophysiologic). I was having problems with noise when working in the house leading up to the pandemic and my tinnitus appeared around the start of lockdown. I suppose that areas of the body that have recently/already suffered trauma would be obvious places for the stress to come out.

We can also experience these symptoms when we feel trapped in some way. It's as if we cannot fight or flee from from the stress, so it turns itself inwards but expresses itself through the body.

You certainly appear to have suffered a good deal of stress over the last few years. I wonder if you did any work on yourself following your father's death.

And speaking of sleep, anxiety and insomnia, how is your jaw? Ever have any pain? Do you clench or grind your teeth at night?

• Like Like x 1
    2. GG_Ear
      Worried

GG_Ear Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise Exposure, TMJ, Stress, TTTS, ETD? ...
      @weab00, if you are ever back on Tinnitus Talk again, it would be great to know how you are now in 2023. I had a look at your profile and my symptoms are similar to how yours were at worst (sound distortions and pain hyperacusis).

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. Utdmad89
      Depressed

Utdmad89 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Not sure
      How are you now?

• Good Question Good Question x 2