My Hyperacusis Is Cured & I Barely Have Tinnitus Anymore

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by weab00, Nov 18, 2021.

1. weab00
      Gloomy

weab00 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      some good mf music
      Y'all probably know my story around here. Suffered alone in a room not being able to go outside because of crippling hyperacusis.

I'm all good now and I think psychedelics positively rewired my brain and formed new neural connections.

I'm a professional musician now, with extra caution against loud noise exposures. I know to tread carefully and now I can use iJoy 4D sound headphones without a problems (60% volume, breaks every so often).

Good luck to all the sufferers out there. I barely have tinnitus anymore either.

• Winner Winner x 10
      • Like Like x 5
      • Hug Hug x 2
      • Friendly Friendly x 1
    2. Lukee

Lukee Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador

Tinnitus Since:
      01/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Wim Hof Breathing Exercises
      That’s amazing. Congrats!

Could you elaborate a little more on the psychedelics?

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 1
    3. ZFire
      Conehead

ZFire Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      2011(mild) April2021 (moderate-severe)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      ototoxicity (2011) barotrauma & noise induced probably(2021)
      Wow that’s quite a major turnaround for you especially when you compare that post of yours on June 22, 2021.

I believe a congratulations is in order. It’s also comforting to see someone in a better state either through habituation or straight up improvement.

Godspeed soldier.

• Like Like x 3
      • Agree Agree x 3
    4. Shoon

Shoon Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/31/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma
      It’s a serotonin boost to see someone improve so drastically.

Let’s hope we’re also in the universe’s good favor as well!

• Like Like x 2
      • Agree Agree x 1
    5. Cory_
      Inactive

Cory_ Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      TMJ (?) / Alcoholism (?)
      I did not see this coming at all. Coming from you that's one hell of a good omen.

• Like Like x 1
    6. Ehren M
      Nerdy

Ehren M Member

Tinnitus Since:
      01/24/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      Amazing and heartwarming to read this.

I have also set my mind to the "brain rewiring" approach to healing the hyperacusis and tinnitus symptoms I experience. For one thing, it sets me in a much more positive headspace and makes me look forward to the cool shit I'll do to feed, refresh, and grow my neurons past the pain. And now seeing that a similar approach has done good things for you... I'm inspired to keep on this track. Thanks for sharing your progress, and I wish you continued improvement!

EDIT: Would you mind sharing a bit more about whether you took a "microdose" vs. "heavy dose" approach to your healing? I think I recall some discussion of this a while back, which you may have contributed to, but I don't recall the details. Cheers!

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    7. Taw

Taw Member

Tinnitus Since:
      pain H since march 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (drum lessons)
      Great success story, congrats!

Did you also have stabbing/burning pain in your ears, or just loudness hyperacusis?

Can you give more details about your recovery please? I am not sure how you used psychedelics? Is there a prescription for this?

Thank you!

I saw an interesting video sent by a friend about the brain, "Breakthrough with Healing Chronic Pain by Howard Schubiner", anyone can find it on YouTube (seems that I cannot paste the link).

• Like Like x 1
      • Good Question Good Question x 1
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      weab00
      Gloomy

weab00 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      some good mf music
      Recreational tripping on DXM (Robitussin cough syrup) about 10 times, and I now take Zyprexa (mood stabilizer; olanzapine) and Vistriol (anti-anxiety). My theory is hyperacusis is caused by cortisol-induced oxidization, which is why mindfulness activities and psychedelics work so well--because psychedelics are steroids for the brain that force new neuronal connections.

• Like Like x 3
      • Helpful Helpful x 1
    9. serendipity1996
      No Mood

serendipity1996 Member Podcast Patron Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2011 - T, 2016- H, relapsed 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise-induced
      It's always good to hear recovery stories but head's up everyone - DXM is not classed as a psychedelic drug, it is in fact a dissociative (e.g., Ketamine is a dissociative but not a psychedelic). This should be corrected or made clear.

• Like Like x 4
      • Informative Informative x 2
    10. SB1981

SB1981 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Multifactorial
      Congratulations @weab00. That is great news.

So when did you start to feel like things were turning around? My improvements began to come on suddenly also around October of 2020 and over the next six months improved extremely quick. Things then slowed down from there and unfortunately just a couple weeks ago I had a hyperacusis setback which I'm hoping clears up soon.

11. Simon85

Simon85 Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Nov 2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Probably noise exposure, but unknown.
      @weab00, a big congrats. That’s great news.

• Like Like x 1
    12. Taw

Taw Member

Tinnitus Since:
      pain H since march 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic trauma (drum lessons)
      @weab00, congrats for your recovery. Because you are an inspiration to many of us, can you give more details about your healing process? For example I saw that in April you were not better.

We know that you suffered for a long time and we are very happy and inspired to see that.

Some of us just wish you would be more descriptive because we are very curious what worked for you with as much details as possible, when we read a success story.

Thank you.

• Agree Agree x 1