My Intro

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by caroline21, Apr 12, 2016.

1. caroline21

caroline21 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'm 15 and I've had tinnitus for a little over a month. I'm almost 100% sure it's caused by long term exposure to loud noise, I have listened to loud music for as long as I remember. I had a cold recently, and it's gotten SO MUCH worse. It's almost to the point where it's unbearable. I haven't been listening to my headphones lately in fear that my T would get worse, but it's louder than its ever been. I'm seeing a doctor tomorrow and I can't help but think and hope that there is some other cause to my worsening tinnitus than my music. And I don't want to be deaf by 20 considering my age and how fast it's getting worse.

2. Hariz Nonis
      Loved

Hariz Nonis Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Don't be so negative. I'm in my late teens, and I also am not sure of the exact cause of my T. Not using headphones anymore is a good start, you are reducing the chances of damages by exposure to loud noise. Having a cold can make it worse but you shouldn't worry about it causing more permanent damage. If you had it for less than two months, it is all new to you. Don't feel too stressed out. Just take care of your hearing in every way you can now, and in a few months things can only get much better. Only you can figure out your own problems and their causes.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi Caroline21,
      A warm welcome to Tinnitus Talk
      It sounds like you have got a virus in your system with your cold and that's adding to your ear problem and can take a while to go.
      You could also have wax build up in your ears.
      Try stay positive and see what your doctor says tomorrow and hope your tinnitus settles soon.
      Try not to worry as it has every chance in going.....lots of love glynis