My Introduction...

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by attheedgeofscience, Aug 14, 2013.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

attheedgeofscience Member Podcast Patron Mighty Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (medication, head injury)
      Here is the kind and generous update from the owner of the healingmenieres website - I will post the entire mail unedited just below (the lack of proper formatting is due to content being copied from my webmail browser). I feel it is well worth a read - especially the timeline window.

I would like to mention that the treatment protocol and duration seems to correlate well with other people's LLLT accounts as well as with my own knowledge of the treatment. I have myself (also) been in touch with the Australian girl, Rebecca (who has a youtube video on LLLT, see page 1 within this thread) - and her experience reflects a similar timeline and experience (ie. at least 6 months treatment and at least some clinic therapy also).

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      That's ace man, cheers.

I just got a second reply from Dr. Wilden. He is no longer performing therapy in Regensburg but only in Ibiza. So it seems the only resonable way for me to try LLLT for my tinnitus is through getting a home-device. He also told me that the 80mw pen is not for treatment of ear-related problems, but for orthopedic ones. He said that 30mw is an ideal amount that he'd settled on through years of research.

• Like Like x 1
    3. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I received the same response from Dr. Wilden. He also told me that his laser has enough power for my condition. Phillip83, I wish you lived in the U.S. I'd split the cost and use of the laser with you. :)

I think I'm going to go with Dr. Wilden's laser. The people that have been healed by LLLLT really respect Dr. Wilden. Also, if I get the laser from him, he will most likely be okay with me checking in with him via email regarding my progress. I can't thank ATEOS & Sam enough for all of their advice. When I get my finances in order and make the purchase, I'll be sure to update all of you on my progress.

• Like Like x 1
    4. Philip83
      Jaded

Philip83 Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Moped (2001) Noise blast (2014) Club (2017) Snowboard (2018)
      Your points make sense. If I go for one, I think I'll go for the Dr. Wilden -one as well.. It's a shit ton of money though :/

5. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      HI
      I did buy the 80 mw, the 30 mw for what I´m discovering is good for T in the lower frequncies. To fix the high frequncies you will need sonner or later a Laser that goes all the way to 820 mw. A Luminex or Iridia. Going to tretments in Dr Wilden clnic or Anne Harila clinic is an option. So it all depends, if your problems are in lower frequencies i think the 30 mw is ok, if not maybe you should consider the 80 mw.

6. briano
      Wishful

briano Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      Hi Fernando! I'll probably be getting the 30 mw laser from Dr. Wilden. However, I am interested in your progress. Please let us know how you are doing, from time to time. I'll be sure to do the same.

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:

Hello Fernando!

Are you sure you mean 820 mW or 820 nm? Be careful about wavelengths (nm) and powerput (mW). I don't believe you will find any cold laser with a power output of 820 mW. Cold laser territory is defined as 0 - 500 mW.

But yes, wavelengths can definitely play a role (ie. red/infrared).

Take care.

8. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      my mistake
      Should be nm
      sorry

9. oldschool

oldschool Member

attheedgeofscience. I have followed some of your threads about your success with stem cell, which seems breathtaking in terms of success. I don't see where I can gather information relative to the hospital or doctors you used, or which specific types of stem cell treatment you "think" would work best now. Where could I go for additional information on this topic? Relative to the tinnitus, do you think that the stemcell treatment you received would work for noncochlear tinnitus, more central nervous system type? Thanks.

10. FERNANDO GIL

FERNANDO GIL Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      Hi
      Here he explain everytthing about the clinic.
      https://www.tinnitustalk.com/threads/my-trip-to-bangkok-stem-cell-treatment-comments.1891/page-7
      Remember everything is experimental, so bo garantees of any kind.

Fernando

11. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      attheedgeofscience
      No Mood

Tinnitus Since:
      Resolved since 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
    12. LondonGirl

LondonGirl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2013
      @attheedgeofscience , thanks for the pointer, I read your account of your visit to Dr J last week, fascinating and also good to hear that you think your tinnitus is settling at a lower level at times too.
      I also agree that Myers Briggs is a helpful tool to understand oneself better. I'm glad you found your ideal career path as a result - and I hope your 'disdain for life' is a short-term condition. My instinct (as an ENTP! so we are allowed to go by 'instinct') is that you have a good life to live ahead of you - and you have indisputably contributed to many others' lives here through your generous sharing of your experience and insight. Go well.

13. direct

direct Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise at workplace in many years and the employer's negligence
      Has anybody tried this?
      http://www.moresales.com.my/catalog/entry/hixufujy.shtml
      https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ungfu-Mall...r=8-1-fkmr1&keywords=Tinnitus+Treating+Device
      http://www.thelondontinnitustreatmentclinic.co.uk/Tinnitus-Treatments/tinnitus-treatment-prices.html
      http://thetinnitusclinic.co.uk/tinnitus-treatment/

I made a claim last year. But now I have to change a solicitor because he sent papers to the court without my knowledge and consent and he DID NOT ASK MONEY FOR REHABILITATION.
      Guideline valuations are:

Total deafness £73,315 to £88,660
      Total hearing loss in one ear £25,300 to £36,850
      Severe tinnitus with hearing loss £23,980 to £36,850
      Moderate tinnitus with hearing loss £12,100 to £23,980
      Mild tinnitus with some hearing loss £10,175 to £12,000
      Slight or occasional tinnitus with slight hearing loss £5,940 to £10,175
      Slight hearing loss Up to £5665
      http://hearinglossadvice.co.uk/compensation-amounts/