My Mild Tinnitus Has Got Worse After Trying Noise Cancelling Headphones without Playing Music

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Linda Cook, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Linda Cook

Linda Cook Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Virus
      Hi everyone, I have mild tinnitus, but after trying Sony WH-1000XM3 noise cancelling earphones once without any input sound, my tinnitus flared up loudly.

I left it for a day and the tinnitus calmed down, late that evening I tried the noise cancelling headphones again for about 2 minutes, and immediately my tinnitus flared up again.

These headphones were a very expensive Christmas present bought just to cancel noise from the tv, so my husband could watch tv and I could read a book in the same room.

We will try to take them back to Currys in the UK today as I don't want to damage my hearing further.

Has anyone else had this problem?

2. billie48
      Sunshine

billie48 Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      not sure
    3. GregCA
      Jaded

GregCA Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Otosclerosis
      Do you mean that you feel your tinnitus flaring up during the 2 minutes you have the headphones on?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    4. Digital Doc

Digital Doc Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise induced
      While some folks like their noise cancelling headphones, others have had issues. The simple answer is for you to return them and stay away from them. A pair of passive ear muffs can get the same thing done for less for you.