My Right Ear Hurts a Little Bit

Discussion in 'Support' started by TinniTom, Apr 7, 2017.

1. TinniTom
      No Mood

TinniTom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      very loud disco night
      Hi all!

I got Tinnitus (both ears) about 20 years ago and after some time and the common treatments (which didn't help) I habituate and was able to live a normal life. Of course I had a few short and longer setbacks but found my way back to life everytime.

Last summer my Tinnitus become worse and since that I'm a bit struggling. I also had a few darker days with panic and anxiety again but now it's kind of "okay" again. But I have to say that my mind is still busy with Tinnitus thoughts most of the day - nut without panic or fear. So I fully accepted my Tinnitus (as I did before) and I can live with it, even though I wished I didn't have it of course ;)

But since one or two weeks my right ear hurts a little bit. It's not a bad pain but a bit uncomfortable. It is hard to describe, it feels like my ear is exhausted from a very loud disco or something but I wasn't in a loud environment of course. Maybe it's because my Tinnitus is very loud (about 35db 8khz)? Not sure. I'm also not sensitive to sounds or something.

My ears got checked by an ENT about 3-4 weeks ago (before this starts) and according to him everything is OK. Nevertheless it could be a physical thing which occurs after I met the ENT but if I'm honest I don't think so. I can imagine this is a mental thing because of my loud T.

What do you think? Did you experience something near it? Would you call this also hyperacusis even though I'm not sensitive to sounds?

Many thanks in advance!
      TinniTom

2. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Hi TiniTom,
      Could be pressure pain in your eustation tubes and ears...
      I don't think its Hyperacusis....lots of love glynis

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TinniTom
      No Mood

TinniTom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      very loud disco night
      Thank you very much Glynis! If this is the case, do you thing it should be checked by an ENT? Or will it fade out after some time?

4. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      It should go as your tubes clear.
      Try steam inhalation and a mucous linctus like Sudafed and patacetamol for the pain or a warm towel by your ear....lots of love glynis

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      TinniTom
      No Mood

TinniTom Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      very loud disco night
      Thank you very much glynis! Hope you are fine?

Any other members with same experiences?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    6. Aschenherz
      Cheerful

Aschenherz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2017 H since 7/2022
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I have this pain, too. switches from right to left ear. It feels like somebody rubbed my ears fast.

But i think by me it is cuz of the new sensation of t.