My Tinnitus Came Back. But Cause of All of This Might Be Simple.

Discussion in 'Support' started by zenxpowert, Feb 5, 2016.

1. zenxpowert
      Fine

zenxpowert Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/4/2016
      Seems like my panic attacks/stress/anxious attacks, could have just caused my tinnitus, also i am in severage of anti depressant. So seems like this tinnitus is just related to my over whelming panic of nothing (yes i usually panic over nothing and focus on little problems(in this case tinnitus)). So i was thinking maybe if i just start taking my anti depressor med, this might very well just go away with my stress?

What you guys think? im going to my psychiastrist tommorow.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      zenxpowert
      Fine

zenxpowert Member

Tinnitus Since:
      1/4/2016
      The anti depressant i consume is citalopram, in the same family of celexa. Ive been taking it for 3 years and right now in severage for 1 year. From 30mg to 10mg as of a week ago.

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      When you take antidepressants they can spike your anxiety till you adjust to the dose over a week or two.
      Relaxing medication for Anxiety can help .
      Talking therapy is a great support and help bring your confidence back and with antidepressants its a positive move towards feeling better.
      Good luck and let us know how it goes tomorrow.....lots of love glynis

• Like Like x 1
    4. Ojeda Richard

Ojeda Richard Member

Tinnitus Since:
      July 4 2015
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Hey I had tinnitus for 5 months and it disappeared, after a mild cold (congestion, mucus, the works) it came back ._., and well im worried, ive been carefull protecting my ears, i always carry plugs, and after a silly cold, it is back? Im currently exiting the cold, im still a bit stuffed/congested

5. Poyraz

Poyraz Member

Tinnitus Since:
      February 2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Benzos, Stress, Anxiety, Loud Music, Jaw Problems. Who knows
      Since there is nothing wrong with my ear the T may be cause from my T? It just showed after I stopped using Rivotril.