My Tinnitus Is Almost Gone After 3 Years: It's Now a Faint Ringing — No Longer Hyperacusis Either

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Vii, Dec 22, 2020.

1. twa
      Busy

twa Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2017- mild /Sept. 2020-moderate
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      How are you doing? I bookmarked your story for inspiration on low days. Hope you are continuing to do well.

twa

2. twa
      Busy

twa Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2017- mild /Sept. 2020-moderate
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      How are you doing?

3. Uklawyer

Uklawyer Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Medication - antidepressants
      @twa, what meds did you take that you think could have had an impact on your tinnitus if I may ask?

4. Fields
      Busy

Fields Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise trauma
      Yes I am, at low volumes. Sorry for the late response.

5. Athens

Athens Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/27/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      During your road to recovery, did exposure fo normal, everyday sounds without wearing earplugs worsen your hyperacusis and tinnitus? I have had hyperacusis and tinnitus for a little over a year, and I seem to be getting worse rather than experiencing any improvement.

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vii

Vii Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sound Trauma from rock band
      It did make it worse in the first year. But that would subside within hours of having no exposure to any sounds.

My first year was the worst. The second year was just frustrating. The third year was demoralizing. The fourth year was hope. I’m almost down to a very faint ringing. I rarely wear any hearing protection now unless it’s a large gathering or sound event (movie theater, ceremony, music event).

• Winner Winner x 1
    7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vii

Vii Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sorry for the delayed response. Year 4 has been a wonderful year. Every month seems to bring even more improvements. It’s a miracle I’ve come this far without completely losing my grip on reality.

It’s now at the phase where it’s mostly forgettable. The ringing continues to diminish each month and has stabilized to a much less harsh set of frequencies.

Hyperacusis is 100% gone. I can see the light at the end of tunnel.

How many people do you know have seen 100% recovery after 5+ years? That’s my hope.

• Like Like x 2
    8. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Vii

Vii Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      None. Because they don’t exist.

If you allow your doctor to convince you to take benzos to help sleep, find a new doctor.

The only thing that works is to exercise like hell and eat well. No more junk food. Eventually your body will naturally heal itself the best it can. Exercise will naturally put you to sleep.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Athens

Athens Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/27/2020
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This gives me some hope.

The noise generators that I wear and the exposure to everyday sounds without earplugs seem to have caused a worsening of the hyperacusis and tinnitus but maybe it will take several years before I see any significant improvement. I am concerned that I continue to reach a new level of worsening with each day/week/month. I do still work out, take long walks, and work at my own business. I have found that talking on the phone is a problem. Habituation to the tinnitus would seem difficult to reach when the target keeps moving.

It sounds like your tinnitus actually decreased in severity/volume.