My Tinnitus Is Getting Better — Now I'm on Day 3 of Prednisolone

Discussion in 'Success Stories' started by Strife_84, Apr 4, 2019.

1. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Mixing music for long and too loud.
      Had appointment with my ENT today, he gave me betaserc 16mg. I need to eat it for a month.

But he said it's most likely not going to help, but I really have nothing to lose.

He was very understanding about my situation and honestly wondered why GP side did not send me to further investigations. Usually when people lose ability for a hobby or they send them to further to be investigated.

I know there is no cure, but at least I will get proper hearing tests done. And maybe even in a soundproof room this time :D

Overall, my situation is better than few weeks ago, and it feels like my condition is improving a tiny bit daily.

Very small changes, but it's going to the right direction.

There is hope. Keep fighting!

• Like Like x 1
      • Useful Useful x 1
    2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      As I went to shop to buy some groceries noticed something.

As I paid the machine where you put your bank card and press the buttons that beep, did not sound harmful to my ear ANYMORE. I was amazed!

Just maybe week ago, the beep still felt uncomfortable to my ear and it sounded distorted to my ears

So It is improving, slowly. But.... it's improving!!(y):rockingbanana:

Still no headphones, no music listening. I've been playing videogames a little and watching movies...

3. Ivkopivko
      Speechless

Ivkopivko Member Podcast Patron

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      don't know, probably motorsport + headphones for last years
      Hello buddy!

I think I might have similar symptoms to you and I also had similar track as yours - I was constantly getting better to level where I wasn't that sensitive about loud places, similar with sensitivity to some noises, distortion and so on. Hiss went mostly away and was barely noticable 0,5-1 / 10.

Check my thread If you want, I think that also our treatment was set about the same. You're very clever with protecting your ears, which I didn't unfortunately and I'm back where I was...

Wish you full recovery soon, you're on a good track!
      Btw, my good friends moved away and helps to build nuclear factory near to Pori, when they currently live.

• Like Like x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Decided to write an update after a while.

Things have once again improved. I've had two silent mornings in a row, where I can barely hear the T.

My left ear is doing better than my right, and almost all H has disappeared from my left ear.

Right ear still has H left. And some white noise too.

But things have improved. Yesterday as I was outside for a walk in nature, I felt almost normal. My ears felt light, alive again.

Unfortunately that feeling did not last, and as usual, as the day went by the volume of T also increased and ears started to feel dull and lifeless again.

But there is definitely and improvement going on... I think the silent mornings are very good sign.

My T is still very reactive though, if I am in silence my T is silent too and vice versa.

H is the most annoying thing. It is not about loud noises, certain frequencies still make my ears funny. But not as much as before.

So keep on hanging in there!

• Like Like x 1
    5. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      That's not a problem you can teach your brain to solve. It's peripheral damage in the ear causing you to feel pain from sound.

6. COYS
      Sporty

COYS Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Jan 2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma/Shock
      It’s probably more a chase of time healing it

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      It's not actually pain. It feels more like a spasm etc. Just feels strange to my ear. Anyway, it's bit better now than weeks ago.

8. Contrast
      No Mood

Contrast Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      late 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      noise injury
      yes but it's middle/inner ear problems and the brain is only responding to the ear being wounded.

Users that treat these issues as (all in the head) can get worse for not respecting the damage and giving it proper time to heal.

• Agree Agree x 2
    9. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Strife_84
      Energetic

Strife_84 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      04/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      My left ear is almost normal H wise.

I have few videos that I watch now and then to test my ears and today I watched it and noticed my left ear did not spasm or anything when the certain sound played.

That is very good news!

My right ear stillnis sensitive to certain sounds but there has been improvement too since I noticed when I was on my daily run today and car had screeching brakes and it did not feel as bad to my ear as usually. It still felt uncomfortable but not as much.

T is still there. But more silent than few weeks ago...

• Like Like x 1
    10. Lilah
      Mellow

Lilah Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm on day 4 of a six day pack for prednisolone, and have noticed no difference in my tinnitus. So, does this mean inflammation is not a factor in my tinnitus? Does this point to a specific type of tinnitus? First day I took 24mg and decreasing by 4mg per day.

11. Rb86

Rb86 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      5/31/19
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise
      Strife way to stay positive....this is helpful bc I'm very similar. I've done Prednisone for 2 weeks 60-10 taper and another 60-10 taper. My T has mostly gone to a hiss, although I have some low end warble in my left ear when inside and I have hyper-acusis when in restaurants or movies, water running, etc. I am basically in 2 weeks from the worst of it....it's kept me up crying some nights but im praying for continued healing.

• Hug Hug x 1
    12. Mila9828

Mila9828 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      08/01/2019
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Accident/Screaming?
      Had no idea you can get balance problems with just tinnitus! This gives me hope as I had a spike in my T and suddenly started to have a bit of balance problems. Been on Prednisone for 5 days and it’s slightly getting better. There’s some hope :) also I hope the fullness in your ear went away! It’s super annoying

13. MindOverMatter

MindOverMatter Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown (possibly stress related, and later sound induced)
    14. twa
      Busy

twa Member Benefactor Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      2017- mild /Sept. 2020-moderate
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      meds/acoustic trauma
      Does the hiss sound like an airplane engine as you step on the plane, before the plane is moving?

15. Bill Bauer
      No Mood

Bill Bauer Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      February, 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma
      To me the sound of a hiss is the sound of air escaping from a punctured tire - it can be high pitched, but it can also be less intense and lower pitched.