My Tinnitus Kill Switch

Discussion in 'Support' started by Mattv, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Mattv
      Busy

Mattv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I’m sure this won’t help too many people, but if does just one, then it’s worth posting.
      I have somatic tinnitus and have been able to modulate the volume significantly by various pressure on my neck and jaw. My tinnitus is very loud (like a tea kettle in my head) so, any relief is welcome (for some reason it doesn’t freak me out emotionally, fortunately.)

I found recently, that if I press with my fingers on my upper premolars (either side), the volume is cut by at least 80-90%. It stays that way until I relieve the pressure. As soon as I do, the sound comes blaring back.

Unfortunately, I can’t go through my day pressing on my upper teeth and the amount of pressure I have to apply is significant, so it is not easy to do.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this??

• Like Like x 4
    2. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      This is very interesting. Have you talked about this with a doctor or a dentist? Maybe there is something they can do or implant that could reduce your tinnitus significantly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Mattv
      Busy

Mattv Member

Tinnitus Since:
      September 2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      unknown
      I have! A friend of mine is an oral surgeon and he is looking into various possibilities. I may try Botox or an oral appliance. Both have little risk and worth a shot. Intra oral maddama seems like it's giving me some relief too. It could be related to a root canal that was done a while ago.

Just keep trying..

• Winner Winner x 1
      • Optimistic Optimistic x 1