My Tinnitus Now Only Comes When I Sit Down

Discussion in 'Support' started by luckyman316, Sep 24, 2014.

1. luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I suspect it's my neck, because I keep feeling like my neck has to be pulled back. So I finally caved in and am getting an MRI done on the neck. We'll see. My Ortopedic doctor says the neck and ears are very connected and said it could be a major muscle strain still or could be stenosis. Worst case scenarios, ruptured disc or very very rarely a tumor.

• Like Like x 1
    2. Ilija
      Breezy

Ilija Member

Tinnitus Since:
      8/2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud gig/year of loud headphone usage.
      I don't want to come of as insensitive, I hope the best for you I truly do.
      But right now even if my Tinnitus is mild and I'm slowly habituating and there's still a good chance it'll bugger off, I'd give my left nut to have Tinnitus caused by something that's fixable no matter what.
      Hope you get it resolved, best of luck to you.

• Winner Winner x 1
    3. chronicburn
      Confused

chronicburn Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2014
      I'm curious to your findings :), i've got the same thing going on when i'm not sitting or lying down and especially when moving around my T is almost nonexistant, wheni sit down it comes back in a few mins to an annoying level.
      I'm also thinking down the route of neck muscle strain, although i believe a vascular problem would certainly be influenced by body position as well, that would most likely show on your MRI though. :)

4. dan
      Chatty

dan Member Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      I'd give my left nut, my left arm, my left leg, my left eye and my left kidney for tinnitus like yours.

• Agree Agree x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      I'll keep you guys posted. On top of the MRI, I'm also doing a test for lymes to rule out the issues at hand. We'll see!

6. davidchampoux
      No Mood

davidchampoux Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2011
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Music, viral? ...
      @luckyman316 , so how are you doing? How did turn your Lyme test?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      luckyman316

luckyman316 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      09/2013
      @davidchampoux sorry for a late response. While my tinnitus is still there, I can safely say I do not have lymes. I'm on the fence that either my liver issue or an even bite is causing my tinnitus.