My Tinnitus Story — Cause? Maybe a Period Where I Used Earphones at High Volume

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Ilias T, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Ilias T
      Happy

Ilias T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss or TMJ
      Hello guys, this is my first post. I have had tinnitus for 3 1/2 years. My first year was fine. I moved on. In 2019 I had my first spike on a summer day in my room. In 2020 I had multiple spikes. It's 2021 and I've already had a spike and I have a spike right now again...

It goes somewhat like this __/\__/\_______/\_____________/\__.

It's a wave that goes up and down and covers literally anything except a few sounds.

I have had 2 hearing tests done. No hearing loss. I had a period where I used earphones at high volume. I do have an overbite though. Should I get it checked? Or will I waste time doing so?

I'm only 19 and it's pretty sad to see myself so low. I'm not lazy. I want a normal life, a job, and a wife but it seems not possible right now.

Thanks for reading.

2. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ilias T
      Happy

Ilias T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss or TMJ
      Hi guys.

I have a spike that has been going on for 8 hours. It has improved now at night. I noticed something: I have an overbite and I have pain in my jaw/ear right now.

I tried opening my jaw all the way up. I couldn't. I got another short spike.

This tells me that I need to have this checked out by a doctor. I will try to relax my jaw and keep calm.

I will use this as a personal tracker but whoever is interested I will reply.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ilias T
      Happy

Ilias T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss or TMJ
      It's the next day. Now I'm fine. No spikes. I noticed that I eat very little sugar so I need so fix it. School starts for me and that will get me moving again.

I hope things will go ok :)

• Hug Hug x 1
    4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ilias T
      Happy

Ilias T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss or TMJ
      Hello.

This question is quite important for me. I am 3 weeks tinnitus spike free but today I woke up with a stuffed ear. Later today I have had tinnitus fluctuations louder than normal, and some earwax has come out.

It improved. It was not a spike, because I know what my spikes are. Piercing sounds and severe in volume, but those jumps are not that severe.

Anyone with similar experience?

• Good Question Good Question x 1
    5. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      @Ilias T, welcome to Tinnitus Talk.

You might need a mouth guard put over your lower teeth at night.
      It will help your jaw position and release jaw pressure and should calm down your tinnitus.

See your dentist so they can sort you out with one.

love Glynis

6. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Ilias T
      Happy

Ilias T Member

Tinnitus Since:
      05/2017
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Hearing loss or TMJ
      @glynis, this solution has passed through my head a long time ago. I do have an overbite, and sometimes my jaw moves on its on.

Turned out that I was having symptoms of a migraine. I got a migraine this week on the left side, and my ear got full. The crazy fluctuations stopped, and my ear is back to normal.

Could my ringing be from TMJ? I got ringing when I was 15. Even if I tried to kill my ears back then, it would be almost impossible to cause life long hearing damage, don't you think?