My Tinnitus Story

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Brody Harel, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Brody Harel

Brody Harel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Hello my name is Brody and I am 14, I think I have had tinnitus for about 4 years even though it has never been confirmed. I am new here since I just wanted to find out what that buzzing sound in my ear is. 4 years ago I remember getting a weird buzzing in my ears. My 2 months long cold/flu got to an end, (apparently my cold/flu was so long because it was a mix of 2 bacteria that attacked my body according to my doctor) and apparently I got tinnitus from then on. It could of been hearing loss but I am positive it isn’t since I did a hearing test 2 weeks ago at the hospital and I had extraodinary good hearing. Currently I expierence pain in my ear sometimes. A month ago I helped my dad with something outside where I had to help him with a loud machine for about 4 to 5 minutes, from that moment I started to hear it harder. I can’t believe I made it worse by just helping my dad for a moment. Anyways, I visited a doctor and she said everything looked fine, my nose, ears and throat. She told me about how you can hear noises if your hearing is very good and she told me it could go away but I didn’t really buy it. From that moment I started finding out what I really had and that’s why I came here.

This was my story with Tinnitus so far and I hope you guys could help me understand my situation!

• Like Like x 1
    2. Imshael
      Procrastinating

Imshael Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Likely jaw and/or neck issues
      Hi Brody! Sorry to hear about your tinnitus. It is possible to have tinnitus and still have good hearing, and as you said yourself, it was probably caused because of your flu. You are still very young, and as far as I've come to understand from reading on this place, you therefore have a better chance of healing and getting well, but to prevent it from becomming worse you should always make sure to protect your ears in loud enviroments, even though it might only be for about four or five minutes while helping your dad. Hope you get well!

3. glynis
      Feminine

glynis Member Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Meniere's Disease
      Welcome to Tinnitus Talk
      @Brody Harel,
      You have done well coping with tinnitus for a few years.
      From now on you need to keep noise reduction plugs or foam plugs with you when around loud sound that is not normal everyday sound you hear and if use headphones or ear phones for now try not use them and you will have to see how they effect your ears even on the lowest settings.
      Try to stay calm and play music you can relax to when need a break from your tinnitus sound.
      You will get lots of support on here so keep posting for support .
      Also let your school head of year know you have tinnitus for extra support during study time and exams.
      love glynis

4. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      Brody Harel

Brody Harel Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Thank you! I will try to update on here!

• Hug Hug x 2