My Tinnitus Trick

Discussion in 'Support' started by seppl, Apr 28, 2014.

1. seppl
      Cool

seppl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/14 (tones) 12/22 (hum, right ear)
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      When i keep my nose shut and close my mouth and breathing, ive got pressure in my ears. But when i do this my tinnitus is gone! M hearing is almost the same. When i equalize the pressure my T comes back.

Is this normal?

2. lapidus

lapidus Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Do you mean the valsalva maneuver? I read somewhere else about a person who could make his tinnitus dissapear for some seconds while doing this.

3. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      seppl
      Cool

seppl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Not exactly. I breathe in. In the valsava maneuver you breath out. Besides fromt this its the same.

4. Mr. Cartman
      Artistic

Mr. Cartman Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2013
      My T changes pitch if I do that but the volume stays the same

5. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      seppl
      Cool

seppl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      My T is completely Gone with this. But i have pressure in my ears. When I release the pressure the T comes back. First seconds little louder than normal. I don't know if this trick is bad for my ears? And what does that say about my T?

6. lapidus

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Hmmm maybe your T is caused by some problem in the middle ear?

7. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      seppl
      Cool

seppl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      my t started after withdrawal from a medication, which can change the Gaba-Levels. Before that I had some nights with T in my right ear while under the medication (finasterid/propecia). It can be an accident. But 5 days after withdrawal I've got a constant t in mt right ear. And 2 weeks after that I've got a constant t in ny left ear. Left is a whistle, right a morsecode. The docs checked my ear. Everything normal and no hearing Los.

• Agree Agree x 1
    8. lapidus

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      This sounds a bit weird to me because if T is a "brain thing" then it wouldnt be possible to stop the sound by doing some "trick" with the ears. I think that kinda proves that your T actually is in your ears and not the brain. I'm not an expert or anything, that's just a qualified guess.

• Like Like x 1
      • Agree Agree x 1
    9. Flexi
      Stressed

Flexi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      I can push and rub my thumb at the back of my ear just behind the earlobe and push/rub, this closes my ear passage, when i let go, my tinnitus dissapears for aabout 8 seconds and then comes back. Anyone else tried this or any ideas??

10. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      seppl
      Cool

seppl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      the t is not in the middle of my head, I'm hearing it in my ears. When I lay my ear on the pillow my t is a little bit louder. I don't know. Is there a sound difference in the brain-T and the ear-T? This rub/push thing dont work for me. You push in the area where is no bone?

11. carlover
      English

carlover Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      Looks like you have eustachian tube issues,do a bit of googling ,trouble is ,its a real dog to sort out if ever.

12. Flexi
      Stressed

Flexi Member

Tinnitus Since:
      03/2014
      Yes i push in the area with no bone but i push up into the ear so the ear hole is closed and then rub. I also seem to hear it louder when i lay my ear on the pillow. Hve you had any symptom of hyperacusis also??.
      My t seems to dissapear once ive had a good night sleep and im not tired. In other words when i wake up its gone until i get tired again it kicks in.
      With regards to eustachian tube issues im not sure but initially when my t started i noticed my nose bunged up every day although it has got better.

13. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      seppl
      Cool

seppl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      The doc checked my ear-pressure on both ears with a little machine that he holds in the ears. Both ears are fine. I have a diagonaly nasal septum for about 15 years. I dont know if that can be a reason for T.

@Flexi
      I have no hyperaccusis. My t is very constant. Its very the same when im tired or in the morning when i wake up. In silence my t goes louder after some seconds, but i think its normal for T.

14. My T Sucks

My T Sucks Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Unbearable spikes since July 2012
      Do you mind if I ask which medication caused the onset?

15. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      seppl
      Cool

seppl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
    16. Grace
      No Mood

Grace Member

Tinnitus Since:
      11/14/2013
      See if this happens they should be able to cure youuu!!!!!!! How do these things happen and they have no idea why?!!

17. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      seppl
      Cool

seppl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      This trick i found out today. Before this i tried the valsalva maneuver, but this did nothing for me. The only thing i changed is that im not breath out. I breath in with close mouth and nose. The ears feeling a little bit stuffed after that, but the hearing is almost the same as before the trick. I think i must ask an Doc about this. In germany these docs called throat-nose-ears-doc.

18. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      seppl
      Cool

seppl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      A moment ago ive tried this trick in a absolute silent room. When i do the trick my T is 5-10%. My hearing about 70-80%. Ears feeling stuffed.

19. lapidus

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      Have you been evaluated for objective tinnitus?

20. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      seppl
      Cool

seppl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      Nope they dont check this. how they can hear objective tinnitus? They only checked my hearing, ear pressure, the nerve pathways, looked in my ears, mouth and nose. Then they give me predisolone and pentaxfyllin and later betahistin. Some days ago i made an MRT from my skull - they burned the images on a cd. I must give this images to my ear-doc, so that the doc can look for a accousticneurom (tumor). But i dont think that i have a tumor, because i have no vertigo and my T is on both ears.

21. lapidus

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise induced
      I don't really know how they check it but I know it's possible to do somehow.

22. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      seppl
      Cool

seppl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      when i do the valsavla maneuver, I found out that my T is 20%. But only in the time I breath out with close mouth and nose. I can manipiulate my T with these technics. My T is lower when I have positive or negative pressure in my ears.

23. Penelope33
      Torn

Penelope33 Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2013
      My clicking a popping every time I swallow started one night a little while before t, I had a major panic about something and felt dizzy/ faint and had severe anxiety. They've been popping and cracking loudly ever since. One ent said prob always done that (I know for certain it never did as it's loud!) and when I told the tinnitus gut at my hosp he said nothing . I've been checked for ETD with tymponomotry and it's clear...not sure why it came about.

24. AUTHOR
      AUTHOR
      seppl
      Cool

seppl Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      There are sometimes when i do my trick that i have a pulsitile whistling tone in my right ear. WHen i do the trick again its gone.

What the hell is that?

• Useful Useful x 1