My Tinnitus Went Away but Then Came Back... :(

Discussion in 'Support' started by Zuzan, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Zuzan

Zuzan Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      car accident
      Hi,
      I got tinnitus in June this year after a car accident. It lasted for about 17 days. It completely disappeared since the end of June until July 17. Now, I hear it suddenly for 1-3 minutes a few times a day. It is loud when I close my ears but other than that I can’t hear it.

I am just confused why it suddenly came back a few times a day. It isn’t nearly as bad as the first 17 days but it scares me. Two days ago I felt a sore throat and my left ear hurt when I swallow. I think it might be from the air conditioner. The tinnitus came back before that though. Right now I felt a super loud ringing for about 3 min which is similar to the first time I got it.

Have anyone experienced this? Is tinnitus coming back to stay?

2. Egg

Egg Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2/6/2018
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Acoustic Trauma (Concert)
      I wouldn’t think so. It might be related to you getting sick. Don’t think the worst of it. Short term episodes especially when you are sick are probably nothing to worry about.

Sorry to hear about your accident. I hope you are better. Do you think it was acoustic trauma from the sound or something like a head trauma that caused it?

3. Jack Straw
      Balanced

Jack Straw Member Podcast Patron Benefactor Ambassador Hall of Fame Advocate

Tinnitus Since:
      1990s
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Infection, Acoustic Trauma
      This is called fleeting tinnitus and everyone with and without tinnitus experience it. It is a strange phenomena that happens.

If you can only hear your tinnitus in quiet rooms, get a white noise machine to play when you sleep to mask it, or use a fan. This is not the end of the world at all.