My Trip to Bangkok: Stem Cell Treatment [Comments]

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Markku, Aug 18, 2013.

1. Tem

Tem Member

Tinnitus Since:
      07/2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise and likely labyrinthitis
      Any answer will be speculation as these are the kinds of questions nobody knows the answer to. But if we look at the kinds of tinnitus that can be cured - ear wax build up, TMJ, stress - the tinnitus goes away after the underlying cause is removed, so the brain should be able to rewire itself back.

Like you, I started having bilateral tinnitus and head tinnitus within a few months of my initial cause. For me it was a loud sound to my left ear, and viral infection (labyrinthitis) also in my left ear a few weeks later. I suspect the infection damaged my auditory nerve. It also let me unable to walk for a few days and affected my balance for about 6 months, but the vestibular nerve (next to the auditory nerve) seems to be mostly okay now.

So my left ear has a high pitch sound from the initial causes and my right ear later developed a lower hum/buzz like I'm standing near an electrical transformer. My current thinking (hoping) is that a stem cell treatment aimed at neurological conditions will repair the nerve, and that the brain will reverse its changes.

You say yours is somatosensory. Do you think there is still inflammation present?

• Informative Informative x 1
    2. James Connelly

James Connelly Member

Tinnitus Since:
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sleep deprivation
      @SmallRonnie, are you any closer to choosing a clinic and going for treatment? I think I might go for Innate Healthcare.

3. SmallRonnie
      Ape-like

SmallRonnie Member Podcast Patron Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      H since 2018. T since 2021
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Loud noise
      Nope. I was maybe just going to go with StemCells21 but not making any decision yet.