Namenda (Memantine)

Discussion in 'Treatments' started by Jason White, Feb 20, 2013.

1. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Noise or maybe... unicorns!
      I just started this drug. It's quite expensive as still under patent, but I'll report back of any positive effects. My doctor says the side effects are pretty minimal with people he has given it too.

• Like Like x 2
    2. Philip

Philip Member

Tinnitus Since:
      02/2013
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Sinus infection or noise exposure or both
      Its a bit speedy, so take it early in the day.

I feel that it increased my tinnitus like most dissociative type drugs i.e. ketamine, DXM ect.

It has a very positive effect on your overall mood however, and leaves you with an anti-depressant afterglow for a number of days.

It you wanna get high its not that type of drug. Very little abuse potential and it's bloody expensive.

I would take it again if I was mentally finding my T getting to me again. It kinda resets your mental clock. You can see objectively the situation your in without all the anxiety and tension that chronic tinnitus can cause.

But I repeat, it tends to increase tinnitus in the short term. But it subsides back to your usual level after a few days.

A few Benzos would come in handy it your were going to try this medicine.

3. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Just on that. You have to taper this very very slowly. It's a very strong med and its half life is almost forever. So once you start upping the dosage, it all starts to hit you hard and the effects last for days.

The drug made me disassociate from what was happening currently in your life.

4. Tigo

Tigo Member

Tinnitus Since:
      2 years
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      genetic hearing loss
    5. Pleasure_Paulie

Pleasure_Paulie Member

Tinnitus Since:
      06/2016
      Cause of Tinnitus: