Nasal Surgery and Tinnitus/ETD

Discussion in 'Support' started by He|ix, Jul 27, 2015.

tinnitus forum
    1. He|ix

He|ix Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Hi,

Does anyone have any knowledge as to whether septoplasty and turbinate reduction will have any positive effect on tinnitus and chronic Eustachian tube dysfunction?

I suffer from these two conditions, the cause is unknown, however the ENT pointed out that I have a fairly severely deviated septum and should get septoplasty and a turbinate reduction. I do suffer from tiredness and breathing difficulties. On my first visit regarding my tinnitus and ETD she mentioned that this may be causing issues with pressure/drainage, on subsequent visits though she seemed doubtful that it would have any effect on the tinnitus.

I've read mixed reviews online.

• Agree Agree x 1
    2. nills
      Barefooter

nills Member Benefactor

Tinnitus Since:
      11/2009
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      acoustic trauma
      My top notch super ENT I met last friday for first time also concluded I have TMJ and deviating septum ... we might need to straighten it ... last resort of my problems ... seems like my whole sinuses are inflamed and blocked .. .i`m will have to do a 3 day (only!) cure with some medication first to see if it helps ... flucticasonfuroaat 120 ... and bethamethason compr 0.5 mg

3. He|ix

He|ix Member

Tinnitus Since:
      October 2014
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unkown
      Did your ENT give any indication as to whether the Septoplasty would help your tinnitus at all?

4. Mad maggot
      Breezy

Mad maggot Member

Tinnitus Since:
      12/2008
      Cause of Tinnitus:
      Unknown
      I'm not a doctor but I would think those things could have an effect on T. I hope you have surgery and find your T gone. That would be fan flaming tastic!